My New Motherboard Has Some Weird Dry Liquid On The Sides???

Go to solution Solved by robertochocula,
43 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

mad over nothing. The oil is just part of the manufacturing process and is common on motherboards, it's not a 1 star situation and does not affect board functions.

it's something you wouldn't notice unless someone points it out to you.

Ah okay good. Newegg should probably respond to that review or delete it. More people are gonna freak out like me. Thank you.

I had bought a MSI MEG x570 UNIFY off of newegg a while ago and have been waiting to get a new 5000 series cpu (which i now have) for my new build. I was looking at reviews of it last night when i saw a negative review of a guy claiming with photos that his motherboard had shipped to him with some weird liquid on the sides of it. I checked mine and noticed it had the same. It's more of a dry oil or wax, but still wont come off. Is this normal? Can i still use this or should i return and replace it?

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

review.JPG

8 minutes ago, robertochocula said:

review.JPG

mad over nothing. The oil is just part of the manufacturing process and is common on motherboards, it's not a 1 star situation and does not affect board functions.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

43 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Ah okay good. Newegg should probably respond to that review or delete it. More people are gonna freak out like me. Thank you.