Windows 7

209Guy

Is there any way to install Windows 7 on a Ryzen system? Does anyone have any links on how to? I've looked around, but haven't found any that worked. Before anyone says, just use W10, I just don't like it. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ryzen 7 3800x - ASUS B550-F - G.SKill Trident 32gb

What system specs? 

Have you looked for guides, there are a good amount of them out there.

THere are gonna be security and usability issues, esp with newer ryzen and chipset, so id either run win 7 in a vm, or use a older platform, or use a different os.

8 minutes ago, 209Guy said:

Before anyone says, just use W10, I just don't like it. 

Dont use windows 7, its unsupported, which means security is going to go to shit. Dont use 8, its a tire fire of a os, and really only worked on the surface rt (which then was 8rt, but 8 felt like it wan meant for mobile devices) 10 is not great, but it has security, and out matches 8&8.1 in everything.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, 209Guy said:

Is there any way to install Windows 7 on a Ryzen system? Does anyone have any links on how to? I've looked around, but haven't found any that worked. Before anyone says, just use W10, I just don't like it. 

Thanks in advance. 

Windows 9. It's 8.1 Embedded Industry Professional, with a Win7 skin on it. You'll never know it's not Win7. It's got all of the pluses of Win7 (clean look, no spyware shit) with the plusses of 8.1 and 10 and none of their drawbacks.

Best OS MS ever made. I use it on my main system and it's fantastic. Handles everything you can throw at it, and then some.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Windows 9. It's 8.1 Embedded Industry Professional, with a Win7 skin on it. You'll never know it's not Win7. It's got all of the pluses of Win7 (clean look, no spyware shit) with the plusses of 8.1 and 10 and none of their drawbacks.

Best OS MS ever made. I use it on my main system and it's fantastic. Handles everything you can throw at it, and then some.

I do have Windows 8 Pro. I like it on my laptop and I don't have any problems with the usb drivers like when installing Windows 7. 

Just now, 209Guy said:

I do have Windows 8 Pro. I like it on my laptop and I don't have any problems with the usb drivers like when installing Windows 7. 

https://www.eastcoast.hosting/Windows9/

I *love* it, it's clean, no spyware, malware, or telemetry, looks and acts just like Win7, but you can boot off nVME, native USB 3.0 drivers, etc.

Go that route.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

24 minutes ago, 209Guy said:

Thanks in advance. 

It's officially not supported and will lack drivers. It's windows 10 only from an official standpoint. So just get that. Let alone all the security risks and out of date drivers you'll have on 7.

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

https://www.eastcoast.hosting/Windows9/

I *love* it, it's clean, no spyware, malware, or telemetry, looks and acts just like Win7, but you can boot off nVME, native USB 3.0 drivers, etc.

Go that route.

Yeah, I tried this and got W8.1 to install, but my chipset driver and LAN driver wouldn't install. Saying it wasn't supported with my MB.  I'm using a Ryzen 7 3800X & ASUS ROG Strix B550-F. 

3 hours ago, 209Guy said:

Yeah, I tried this and got W8.1 to install, but my chipset driver and LAN driver wouldn't install. Saying it wasn't supported with my MB.  I'm using a Ryzen 7 3800X & ASUS ROG Strix B550-F. 

There are ways around this:

(1) don't use the installer, simply unpack the driver files to a directory and point the hardware in question to said directory, and let windows sort it out that way

(2) if that doesn't work, there is a more complex way, go into the hardware in question (from Device manager), and choose the "Details" tab

(3) Use the dropdown box and choose "Hardware IDs"

(4) You will (typically) see the 1st line something like "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_xxxx"

(5) Google search that PCI\VEN string and the words "windows 8.1 driver" and see what you can find.

There are some hardware out there where Win10 is the only option for drivers, and those driver manufacturers are bad people and should feel bad, but it's few and far between.