Computer for Science Teacher

Looking for a decent laptop for a science teacher. Tough, good keyboard, small size, and powerfully enough to handle everything that she can throw at it. I think I narrowed it down to the Lenovo L13 Yoga.

We need to know your budget and which country you're buying in.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

We need to know your budget and which country you're buying in.

In the U.S. and I'm actually raising money for it right now. The cheapest one I've found that checks all the boxes is $950

4 minutes ago, KirkLawrence82 said:

and powerfully enough to handle everything that she can throw at it.

That's too vague. I mean, a description like that could include e.g. fluid-dynamics simulations that'll bring even a 64-core AMD Epyc CPU to its knees.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

That's too vague. I mean, a description like that could include e.g. fluid-dynamics simulations that'll bring even a 64-core AMD Epyc CPU to its knees.

It doesn't need to be super powerful, I just want it to last a few years. She used mostly office programs, and has many Goole tabs open while she's working. An I5 with 16gb ram should be fine.

Just now, KirkLawrence82 said:

It doesn't need to be super powerful, I just want it to last a few years. She used mostly office programs, and has many Goole tabs open while she's working. An I5 with 16gb ram should be fine.

More worried about the build quality, she brings it with her everywhere. That's why I was looking at the Thinkpads

if youre going for build quality reliability and decent performance i really really hate to say this but you could ask her if shes interested in a macbook air or like a 2018 macbook pro as its suits all your wants and for most teachers during covid its great because it has a webcam and mic for virtual classes and canhandle common tasks pretty easily and you can also run with a few tabs open.

If you want a windows laptop for them i reccomend a 

1. dell xps 13

2. https://store.asus.com/us/category/A17602/20190717PV000020?sort=sm_soldqty&page=1 look for stuff that fits your needs and price

3. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Gaming-i5-7300HQ-GeForce-AN515-51-55WL/dp/B074Q54GSR the acer nitro 5 is also really good

4. you could get an xps 15 but thats around 1500 to 1700 dollars so its probably too expensive

you can also find tons of yt vids about the best laptops in your price range ltt also talked about a few