Hey lovely people of the community!

I am planning to build a new Ryzen PC and I could really do with some advice from a bit more tech savvy guys out here. Before getting into the configurations and my usage, I would like to point out that I am an absolute noob when it comes to the technical details. I for sure know what frequency and clock speed etc is, but I have absolutely zero idea what things like L3 cache, latencies, CCX modules etc mean. Also I donot understand how those fancy bars and benchmarks exactly function, so I request you guys to please give me suggestions bearing in mind that I am a complete layman

So I am a designer and animator. My primary usage is going to be Adobe After effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator, while I also plan to start using Cinema 4D soon. I do not play games and do not intend to overclock my system.

After an intensive research during the lockdown months I came up with the following build

• Ryzen 7 3700X
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • GEFORCE GTX 1650 Super
  • DDR4 [3200MHz] 16/32 GB RAM (Depending on the budget)
  • Samsung 860 QVO [1 TB]
  • WD Green [240 GB]
  • Antec VP550

But then AMD introduced the 5000 series and put me in a serious dilemma. Now the build I am planning is 

• Ryzen 5 5600X
  • MSI B550 A-Pro
  • GEFORCE GTX 1650 Super
  • DDR4 [3200MHz] 16/32 GB RAM (Depending on the budget)
  • Samsung 860 QVO [1 TB]
  • WD Green [240 GB]
  • Antec VP550

(Kindly note that since I do not plan to play games, I do not need the fancy Nvidia 3000 series or the AMD 6000 series GPUs)

So now the dilemma I am facing is, should I go with the 3700x build or the 5600x one? (Since both are almost in the same price range). Will the changed architectures and design make a difference for the type of usage that I am planning? From what I have read and understood, I have come to the conclusion that, if I get the 3700x at a substantially lower cost than the 5600x (around $40-$50 difference), then I'll go for the 3700x, orelse I will go for the 5600x.

Also I would really REALLY appreciate it if you guys could help me with a step by step guide on how I can optimize the performance of the PC, I've heard that Ryzen does weird stuff with RAM speeds and stuff.

Thanks a lot in advance❤️

Just go with the 3700x if you aren't gaming or even a 3700 not much of a difference.

What you should change is the ssds and psu. The psu is low end and shouldn't really be used in this system look at the psu tier list and get a b tier psu from it at least.

The ssds are both low end crap. Just get a single good drive like a mx500 or wd blue.

3700X may be better for your usage, since no gaming. Get a better SSD, You can get Sabrent Rocket 1 TB for the same price as the samsung and it's NVME 3200/3000 read/write

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

it's great you've given us the use case, can you please give us a budget and the country you're buying in, that would help us come up with a complete build for you, as at the moment there are a few things in your build that aren't optimal (like the ssd and psu)

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it's great you've given us the use case, can you please give us a budget and the country you're buying in, that would help us come up with a complete build for you, as at the moment there are a few things in your build that aren't optimal (like the ssd and psu)

I am from India. My budget is around ₹ 75,000 - ₹ 80,000 (roughly $1000)

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just go with the 3700x if you aren't gaming or even a 3700 not much of a difference.

What you should change is the ssds and psu. The psu is low end and shouldn't really be used in this system look at the psu tier list and get a b tier psu from it at least.

The ssds are both low end crap. Just get a single good drive like a mx500 or wd blue.

Could you please suggest which PSU would be most ideal for my build. The list has way too many options and in all honesty I do not understand the difference between PSUs other than the wattage😅

Also do you think I will need a 650W - 700W PSU for this build?

20 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

3700X may be better for your usage, since no gaming. Get a better SSD, You can get Sabrent Rocket 1 TB for the same price as the samsung and it's NVME 3200/3000 read/write

That's 3x the price of 860 QVO in India😅

Just now, ExxonC said:

That's 3x the price of 860 QVO in India😅

Oh I see.. https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/9vWBD3/kingston-a2000-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-sa2000m81000g

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

22 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

You are an absolute ROCKSTAR my friend, and I can't THANK YOU enough. The world needs more noble people like you. I just hope you slay every god damn enemy you face in whichever game you play.

Only thing I would change here is the Mobo. Since I will be working with large files, mostly 4k footages, I could really do with two M.2 drives, so I think I'll go with a B550 board. Is the MSI B550 A Pro is a good board?

Also, I am planning to add 2 intake fans in the front and 2 exhaust fans on top, since I don't have air conditioning. Do you think that would be a good idea?

5 minutes ago, ExxonC said:

You are an absolute ROCKSTAR my friend, and I can't THANK YOU enough. The world needs more noble people like you. I just hope you slay every god damn enemy you face in whichever game you play.

Only thing I would change here is the Mobo. Since I will be working with large files, mostly 4k footages, I could really do with two M.2 drives, so I think I'll go with a B550 board. Is the MSI B550 A Pro is a good board?

Also, I am planning to add 2 intake fans in the front and 2 exhaust fans on top, since I don't have air conditioning. Do you think that would be a good idea?

you could get this or the a-pro, they are both good.

ASRock B550M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

unfortunately, the 100R only has 1 front fan slot, it has 2 additional on top if you want to populate those.

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

you could get this or the a-pro, they are both good.

ASRock B550M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

unfortunately, the 100R only has 1 front fan slot, it has 2 additional on top if you want to populate those.

Thank you very much for your help. I really couldn't afford to go wrong with the PSU, since I don't want to tank my PC. I am extremely grateful to you, and if there's anything I could help you with please feel free to DM me. I'll be more than happy to offer any help.

Another silly question I have is, is there any difference between same model GPUs (for eg 1650 super) with dual fans and single fan?