what are the best fans for rads?

Are the sp120 any good? for a gpu and cpu loop with two 240 rads

I know they have to be high static pressure to prevent complications with the rad, for good airflow you could use gentle typhoons or as you said the sp120's. Do you want silence optimized or just good airflow?

Corasir SP fans are pretty good, you might need to duct tape it because they are circular. Linus duct taped his circular fans on his rad and got some better temps.

SP120's have excellent Static pressure but are quite loud, if you're sensitive to fan noise you should get Gentle Typhoons.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i've seen some people use noiseblocker e-loops, gentle typhoons are good but they were discontinues so they are quite expensive and can only be bought on ebay but SP120's are good as they have good static pressure

That depens on what rads you want to use? What fpi? What thickness? 

i've seen some people use noiseblocker e-loops, gentle typhoons are good but they were discontinues so they are quite expensive and can only be bought on ebay but SP120's are good as they have good static pressure

You can get GT's at Frozencpu.com, Noiseblocker eloops have mounting issues when mounted with their fronts against something, the blades protrude slightly past the frame and hit whatever is flush with the front of the frame.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Gentle Typhoons are super quiet, and push a crazy amount of air.

E-Loops are nearly just as good.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Gentle Typhoons are super quiet, and push a crazy amount of air.

E-Loops are nearly just as good.

+1, I have two GTs on my H100i and they're great.

Spoiler

NF-F12's are really good for static pressure and are really quiet. 

NF-F12's are really good for static pressure and are really quiet. 

They're actually much louder than GT's, I'll find the link to a video that did a test on them (and a ton of other fans)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

They're actually much louder than GT's, I'll find the link to a video that did a test on them (and a ton of other fans)

Im aware that theyre louder than gentle typhoons. You'd have to be a fool not to know this ;)

Was just giving the guy options.

Im aware that theyre louder than gentle typhoons. You'd have to be a fool not to know this ;)

Was just giving the guy options.

All good :)

Just trying to point out how much louder. Having issues finding the video from class, I'll post the video later from home.

The best are arguably the Gentle Typhoon AR13's (1250rpm). Take a look at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?261778-120mm-Fan-Testing-on-an-MCR120-Radiator-Round-6 for a good detailed list of fans tested at the same throughput of air on a radiator. 

Why 13's vs 14s or 15s? (15's are 1850 RPMs)

Why the slower speed? I'm using a fan controller, so wouldn't using the faster ones, and just turning them down make more sense?

Why 13's vs 14s or 15s? (15's are 1850 RPMs)

Why the slower speed? I'm using a fan controller, so wouldn't using the faster ones, and just turning them down make more sense?

if you look at the review by Martin you'll see why. At a given CFM the AR13's a slightly less noisy than the AR15's. Its a slight advantage but if you don't need 1850 rpm (most don't) then the lower speed ones are a little better.

Its also striking how much better GT does in this test compared to the other tested fans. They really set themselves apart from the pack.

You got one high FPI rad and 1 medium-low FPI rad. You need a higher static pressure fan to optimize the first one and a medium static pressure for the second. Don't go by RPM values- check how much static pressure each fan can offer and know that using a controller you can lower RPM, noise and static pressure accordingly.

Currently in my system I have 2 SP's 120 Quiet Edition and 3 Silverstone Air Penetrators 122. 

I also used to have 2 GT 15's aswell and my favorites of them all are the Air Penetrators, they are extremely quiet and move more air through the radiator at the same rpm's than the SP's.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?286088-Fan-Testing-Round-12-NB-e-loops-Cougars-Noctua-Piranha-GT-AP-45s

This one? :)

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

There are 2 versions of SP120: Quiet Edition and High Performance Edition. If you have a good controller, just get the HPE version and tone them down to whatever works best performance/noise wise.

Edit: Why did you switch accounts?

That is the account i use at school because the forum log in at my school is blocked so i need to use facebook to post

in that case just get some 1850 rpm GT's.  or if you're really serious about not caring about noise, get some 3000 or 4250 rpm GT's, but I have a feeling you'd change your mind about that...

btw, if noise isn't much of an issue, why not get thicker rads?  or is space an issue?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Aesthetics       Noise        Price

AP-15            average         amazing     average

NF-F12             poor             good          poor

SP120 QE     amazing           poor         amazing

Just sharing my thoughts :P