Integrated soundcard vs 1997-98 sound card

Tornado77

Hi, I just found a few audio cards in a box I had. I started sorting them out and the 3 best I found are: Soundblaster EMU10k1-JFF, EMU10K1-Nef and EMU10K1-EDF. Should I put them in my computer or the integrated audio card is better? (I'm doing a lot of remix and music production, I should invest in a good one later)

EDIT: I realised the models are CT 4790, 4830 and SB0220

what is your motherboard?

All of those cards are pci, not pcie, so they may not even work.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

anything that has a gameport on it is unlikely to even still work with a modern OS, and no.. it's really not worth it to add to your system for the sake of quality. 

i've got a very similar sound blaster live, it's really great for DOS games, and it'll defenately do a good job playing a WAV file, but if it's notably better than your on-board audio, your motherboard is some hot garbage...

i'm not really in the audio scene at all, but i know enough to say that the way to look is probably some external audio solution if you're actually looking to take a step up in quality.

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

what is your motherboard?

All of those cards are pci, not pcie, so they may not even work.

the issue isnt so much PCI, as the fact finding a driver for windows 10 is completely impossible. (that, and these cards really werent designed in mind of how we use sound cards now. these are from the days when most audio was midi chords.)