Reservoir Location in Loop

Hello, do I need to have the reservoir at the top of my loop, meaning height off the ground? It has to be placed in this location to allow for the air bubbles to accumulate in the reservoir, so I can add more fluid? If I don't have the ability to mount my reservoir to the top of my loop, can I just use a long tube from my reservoir? The top of my reservoir has two ports, one for the return line, and one to be capped off. Do I have to have both at the same height? Meaning I need a tube for the return to the top of my loop and the capped end to the top of the loop as well? I have this kind of pump reservoir. See the picture to see what I mean by the return line and the hole for the cap.

image.png.a18a6986d123e554a6b23df9b0901448.png 

As long as it feeds the pump by gravity, it does not need to be at a high point, air will still acumalte in it just fine. The capped end is fine as is.

Thanks. How do I get rid of the air bubbles? I have air bubbles in my CPU and GPU blocks that I can see, but no air bubbles in my resevoir. My CPU and GPU blocks sit higher than my resevoir. Also how do I go about adding more fluid? When I accumulated some air in my resevoir by removing the cap with the pump on the water level in the resevoir rose up a lot l, I was worried it was going to come out of the resevoir and spray everywhere. I have the same issue with the pump off.

1 hour ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

Thanks. How do I get rid of the air bubbles? I have air bubbles in my CPU and GPU blocks that I can see, but no air bubbles in my resevoir. My CPU and GPU blocks sit higher than my resevoir. Also how do I go about adding more fluid? When I accumulated some air in my resevoir by removing the cap with the pump on the water level in the resevoir rose up a lot l, I was worried it was going to come out of the resevoir and spray everywhere. I have the same issue with the pump off.

if its small bubbles that adhere to the block you just need patience and wait for them to move through the loop. Heat can help dislodge them faster, so you could leave your PC on with a long RealBench run, for example.

Assuming the rest of the loop is closed, the volume should not change in the reservoir so it should be a simple matter of opening the cap and filling more liquid

On 11/11/2020 at 6:04 AM, Yoshi Moshi said:

Keep changing the pump speed(or on and off), and shake/rotate the case. Or just leave it, it will come out most of the time. And some will stuck in the rad end tanks. 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, Dango said:

Keep changing the pump speed(or on and off), and shake/rotate the case. Or just leave it, it will come out most of the time. And some will stuck in the rad end tanks. 

I agree, this is definitely the fastest way but may be a bit impractical, depending on your builds size and weight.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system