How much of a fuck up this build? XD

Hey everyone,

I wanted to build a PC for a friend and I think I could use some help, I've settled down on this build and I wanted to make sure that everything is correct and fits before I buy and

if you could suggest a cheaper yet reliable or better quality parts at the same price I will appreciate it.

I Hope you all doing great in these tough times.

Budget (including currency): 960€ or less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant, CSGO, League of legends and AAA titles in some occasions.

Other details

Merchant: Amazon.fr only

when you're going to buy: tomorrow or in the arriving week-end

what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at: 1080p-60Hz 

existing parts lists: 

4 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

only

but...but....why?

OH GOD WHY THE FUCK IS THIS INTEL?!??!!?!?!?!?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, XAIXER said:

Why not use a Z490 chipset for overclocking and faster RAM speeds?

I'm not overclocking it plus the ram is locked at 2666 by the cpu anyway.

Just now, DustHaze said:

I'm not overclocking it plus the ram is locked at 2666 by the cpu anyway.

not if you get a z series. you can get XMP with that.

but still:

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

OH GOD WHY THE FUCK IS THIS INTEL?!??!!?!?!?!?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Is AMD still off the table? I recommended that parts list in your last topic since it got you some more performance for your dollar.

All in all, the experience would be pretty similar, but if you want to improve the value, I don't recommend an i5-10600K in a locked motherboard.

Still, this build isn't an utter catastrophe, it would still game.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

not if you get a z series. you can get XMP with that.

but still:

I'm on a friend's budget and he needs a PC right quickly , ram speed isn't a big factor with Intel, the i5 is faster than Ryzen 5 3600xt and if the ryzen 5 5600 drops its gonna be 15% faster than 3600 so about the same speed as the i5 maybe.

Just now, DustHaze said:

I'm on a friend's budget and he needs a PC right quickly , ram speed isn't a big factor with Intel, the i5 is faster than Ryzen 5 3600xt and if the ryzen 5 5600 drops its gonna be 15% faster than 3600 so about the same speed as the i5 maybe.

But the r5 is cheeper, and if on a budget, you could go for a r3 3100 or r3 3300x. But you put the k skew cpu on a b skew motherboard, So you are wasting money. (also a 3600xt is giving amd liek 50euro for a xt and ~1% oreformance)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

the slow ram does actually impact gaming performance. The i5-10400, for example, falls behind the Ryzen 5 3600 with DDR4 2666, while just catching up with DDR4 3200. I'd take the 3600 or 3600XT with 3200 or 3600 instead, with improved gaming performance. And personally, I believe that the expensive i5 models are only worth it in Z series boards (even low end ones)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

But the r5 is cheeper, and if on a budget, you could go for a r3 3100 or r3 3300x. But you put the k skew cpu on a b skew motherboard, So you are wasting money. (also a 3600xt is giving amd liek 50euro for a xt and ~1% oreformance)

My friend insisted on this cpu, beside he doesn't care about overclocking it but he can use a boost from "K" and also its almost the same price as "Non K" so, either way I'm not wasting money because the intel really deliver in gaming way more than the ryzen.

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the slow ram does actually impact gaming performance. The i5-10400, for example, falls behind the Ryzen 5 3600 with DDR4 2666, while just catching up with DDR4 3200. I'd take the 3600 or 3600XT with 3200 or 3600 instead, with improved gaming performance. And personally, I believe that the expensive i5 models are only worth it in Z series boards (even low end ones)

but can you beat an i5-10600K(no overclock/2666) with a ryzen 5 3600xt?

2 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

but can you beat an i5-10600K(no overclock/2666) with a ryzen 5 3600xt?

the two haven't been put directly head to head in gaming with slow vs fast memory (in benchmark suites that I've seen), but judging by how much the 2666 affects the i5-10400, I would wager that the 3600XT comes out on top with fast ram vs the 10600 with slow ram.

But like I said, the experience won't be drastically different so if your friend loves the 10600K, it's not the worst choice in the world.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the two haven't been put directly head to head in gaming with slow vs fast memory (in benchmark suites that I've seen), but judging by how much the 2666 affects the i5-10400, I would wager that the 3600XT comes out on top with fast ram vs the 10600 with slow ram.

So I need more faster expensive ram + more expensive motherboard just to make sense out of the I5 🤨

2 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

So I need more faster expensive ram + more expensive motherboard just to make sense out of the I5 🤨

well, there is a saving grace. i5 and below are locked to 2666, while an i7 or i9 get access to 2933. If your friend plans on upgrading the CPU in the future with this same motherboard, and doesn't stick with the i5 class of CPU, you will see improved performance in multiple ways.

Primary PC:

14 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

well, there is a saving grace. i5 and below are locked to 2666, while an i7 or i9 get access to 2933. If your friend plans on upgrading the CPU in the future with this same motherboard, and doesn't stick with the i5 class of CPU, you will see improved performance in multiple ways.

So I think I'll take the build you gave me, it seems the most logical given the budget, thx man here is the final part list, as I'm not gonna overclock the cpu does the cooler suffice for the r5 3600xt?  

1 minute ago, DustHaze said:

So I think I'll take the build you gave me, it seems the most logical given the budget, thx man here is the final part list, as I'm not gonna overclock the cpu does the cooler does the job for the r5 3600xt?  

you don't need the Arctic Freezer 7, the cooler included with the Ryzen CPU is sufficient.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

you don't need the Arctic Freezer 7, the cooler included with the Ryzen CPU is sufficient.

I owned a 3600 before that made my PC shutdown because I did a stress test while having the wrath spire cooler from my older 1600, since then I don't trust them that much and I bought myself a

Noctua NH-U12S TR4-SP3 Review | KitGuru - Part 3

4 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I owned a 3600 before that made my PC shutdown because I did a stress test while having the wrath spire cooler from my older 1600, since then I don't trust them that much and I bought myself a

it was definitely another problem that you had. people even go as far as to overclock their CPUs on the wraith stealth, it is not insufficient for cooling the CPU.

the PC shutting down was not related to the cooler.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it was definitely another problem that you had. people even go as far as to overclock their CPUs on the wraith stealth, it is not insufficient for cooling the CPU.

it was weird because the cpu went to about 95 C° in a point while stress testing, also the EZ debug cpu failer led lit up.

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I replaced the cpu and cooler because i freaked out.

5 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

it was weird because the cpu went to about 95 C° in a point while stress testing, also the EZ debug cpu failer led lit up.

then the cooler was probably not attached correctly. My roommate was running his Ryzen 5 2600 with the wraith stealth and it was perfectly fine in a blender render, 100% all cores.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

then the cooler was probably not attached correctly. My roommate was running his Ryzen 5 2600 with the wraith stealth and it was perfectly fine in a blender render, 100% all cores.

I don't know man, it wasn't my first time building a PC or attaching this cooler either, maybe some screws loosend up or it might of been a bad cpu.

1 minute ago, DustHaze said:

I don't know man, it wasn't my first time building a PC or attaching this cooler either, maybe some screws loosend up or it might of been a bad cpu.

all I can say is that thermal shutdown for a stock AMD cooler has never happened in any of the reviews. There are lot of reviews of the coolers that praise it highly, and I greatly recommend using the stock cooler. 

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

all I can say is that thermal shutdown for a stock AMD cooler has never happened in any of the reviews. There are lot of reviews of the coolers that praise highly, and I highly recommend using the stock cooler. 

I'll take your advise, it might of been the motherboard for me or whatever. 

I'd try stretch to to the below if u can. And only if u need it NOW.

Otherwise it'd be worth waiting on the newer hardware to release, but that could take a few months.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |