HELP! 1st time user of window, hot to get drivers to BIOS w/out ethernet?

Hello everyone. I have no ethernet in my room, nor anywhere feasible.

I have the MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI motherboard. I've already setup windows. I already have wifi working on my Mac laptop. I have a 8gb usb stick.

TREAT ME LIKE AN IDIOT. I've never used windows or BIOS before.

Here's what I've done so far: Turned on my mac laptop, downloaded the drivers for the motherboard via MSI website, onto my USB stick. 

NOW WHAT? I stick the USB into the windows computer I built, do I need to be in BIOS or windows on the desktop? Then what? And what is FLASH BIOS in bios? Is that relevant here?

You need to move the drivers off of the USB stick and onto your computer in Windows, basically anywhere on your computer it should work.

Just now, Coolmaster said:

You need to move the drivers off of the USB stick and onto your computer in Windows, basically anywhere on your computer it should work.

then what?

What exactly are you trying to install? I'm guessing network/wifi drivers? If so there should be an .exe in the folder that you launch. This is done in Windows. Installing drivers has nothing to do with BIOS.

If your system is working don't even worry about updating BIOS right now.

45 minutes ago, Spainz said:

then what?

If they're in a zip file you need to extract them. But otherwise that's it.

40 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

What exactly are you trying to install? I'm guessing network/wifi drivers? If so there should be an .exe in the folder that you launch. This is done in Windows. Installing drivers has nothing to do with BIOS.

If your system is working don't even worry about updating BIOS right now.

so then I double click the file in windows and it auto installs? Or do I need to manually change the format, and if so, to which format?

56 minutes ago, Spainz said:

so then I double click the file in windows and it auto installs? Or do I need to manually change the format, and if so, to which format?

If it's a zip file (like a folder but with a zipper on the side), you right click it and select extract. If it's not a zip file (normal folder icon), then it should just work, if you open the folder and it has a .exe file then you double click it and follow the prompts.

ok thank you guys! So I got the WIFI driver working and I'm now typing form my new computer! 

HOWEVER, what do I do once I click "setup" for the drivers, after they successfully install and restart my computer, can I delete the original folder I downloaded from my USB stick? or will that delete or cause issues with the data that has been installed by the drivers? I assume not, I assume they're different data packs once they install correct?

And how do I force-quit or close applications in windows? Are there key-binds?

Don't delete the folder. You can keep it anywhere on your computer though.

You can quit applications by right clicking their icon on the task bar and pressing close. To force quit you have to go into task manager (crtl + shift + esc) and quit them from there.