Front fan position on extremely big case (1000D)

ScaryPlotter

If i have extremley big case, which has space for 8 intake fans. I will but putting inside AIO 360mm cooled processor (top radiator mount pushing air up top) and  2 exhaust fans at the back.  Should i put all 8 fans for intake? or do like 6 intake at the bottom and top 2 as push? or the push wont help my air flow? just wondering. or maybe front bottom 2 as exhaust (to help circulate gpu pushed down hot air?)

intake.png

There's no point in blowing in air and sucking it out right away.

It's better to install the front fans as intake and try to balance airflow with fan speed control.

You can always turn down the intake fans and turn up the exhaust fans to create a balanced setup.

I for example have a basic case with 2 intake fans running quite slow but my single exhaust basically blasts full speed under load. Works fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

There's no point in blowing in air and sucking it out right away.

It's better to install the front fans as intake and try to balance airflow with fan speed control.

You can always turn down the intake fans and turn up the exhaust fans to create a balanced setup.

I for example have a basic case with 2 intake fans running quite slow but my single exhaust basically blasts full speed under load. Works fine.

appreciate the input. it makes sense to spin them at lower revs. thanks

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

The ideal would be the rad at the front as intake and the top exhausts (no rear)

btw that's not how GPU fans work, fresh air is pushed into the heatsink, not the other way around

holy.. ur right. i feel stupid :D

So this depends on your overall plan. Usually its not beneficial to mix intake/exhaust per side of the case unless there's actual physical divider between the fans.The reason is that air inside a PC case is moved only by fans. It moves from fan to fan. So if you have two differently orientated fans right next to each other, they will pretty much just circulate same airflow.

These bigger cases are aimed for custom loops and other stuff which benefits from having space. If you are going for basic ATX build, I would recommend going bit smaller with case. Try to get working airflow (fans closer to each other) rather than lots of dead space.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I vote for 3 x 140mm(or 120mm if you prefer just max out the number of fans you put there) front intake, radiator fans set to exhaust and 1 rear exhaust 120mm fan.