Noctua NH-L9I on LGA775, help me to install em..

KanbinK Kelam

So, new guy here.

11.11 is about came, so I planning to upgrade my old stock HFS on my 775. Roughly for a month(since10.10) I was thinking to get a slim and low profile HFS. after I went throu site by site and forum by forum, i found 1 that i really like it. Noctua NH-L9I. A slim and low profile HFS that mainly used by mini itx users that prefer a tiny pc desktop. 

As i put the item on my bucket list, i began to search tutorial of installing this guy(NHL9I) on my old pal(775). but i found out that this HFS unfit to installed on 775, even with bracket.

my question is, does anyone knew some tutorial to install safely or a bit of mod so i could use em?

thanks

6 minutes ago, KanbinK Kelam said:

So, new guy here.

11.11 is about came, so I planning to upgrade my old stock HFS on my 775. Roughly for a month(since10.10) I was thinking to get a slim and low profile HFS. after I went throu site by site and forum by forum, i found 1 that i really like it. Noctua NH-L9I. A slim and low profile HFS that mainly used by mini itx users that prefer a tiny pc desktop. 

As i put the item on my bucket list, i began to search tutorial of installing this guy(NHL9I) on my old pal(775). but i found out that this HFS unfit to installed on 775, even with bracket.

my question is, does anyone knew some tutorial to install safely or a bit of mod so i could use em?

thanks

Contact Noctua to see if they'll send you an LGA 755 bracket. I know of someone who got sent a bracket for LGA 1366, just a few weeks ago. It was free for them.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

So the problem might be (looking at this https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/926-modding-775-cooler-to-1155-socket) that LGA775 has components in a way of supporting bracket. And unlike the plastic bracket in that article, Noctua's are metal.

I don't think you get bracket for that cooler even by contacting support. Looking at the chart https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/socket, that one doesn't have any support for LGA775, but there are models which do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv