What does this mean? "HDD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE"

Akila_KuKu
Go to solution Solved by Chionele,

Sounds like it's dying. You can check with CrystalDiskInfo or something, but if you're already having issues reading from it it says enough to me. Take backups if you haven't already and get ready to replace the drive.

What does this msg mean?

"HDD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE PLEASE CONTACT HDD MANUFACTURER. PRESS <SPACE> TO CONTINUE"

When Im going to turn on my pc now this msg will appear, my OS is running on separate SSD, so after I press <space> my pc will turn on like normal. but I feel this HDD seems damage, coz when Im going to read data on that HDD I feel different, and sometimes it gets stuck when I read data on that HDD.

I tried another HDD using same cable and same sata port, it worked without showing this message.

So is my HDD about to fail? Is this a sign of that?

image0.jpg

Sounds like it's dying. You can check with CrystalDiskInfo or something, but if you're already having issues reading from it it says enough to me. Take backups if you haven't already and get ready to replace the drive.

4 minutes ago, Chionele said:

Yh I think so 😭