Low FPS in games on my Asus ROG Zephyrus G15

I get pretty low fps (130-160) in my matches in Valorant, which is less than I expected given the specs that I have (I have the GA502IV model, which has ryzen 9 4900hs and rtx 2060 maxq).

I did all of the fixes suggested in /r/ZephyrusG15 (except the vent mod), and there is no thermal throttling that can be observed (my temps when running Valorant are around 76-82).

Here is the things I've checked till now:

• the game is running on the dedicated gpu
  • the laptop is plugged in
  • it's set to performance mode (which is the high performance power mode)
  • all video settings in Valorant are set to low -running in fullscreen mode
  • all ASUS bloatware not installed
  • full screen optimizations are set to on
  • processor performance boost mode is set to "Efficient Aggressive"
  • All drivers are updated
  • Running latest BIOS and Windows version

I'm not sure what else I am supposed to do to increase my FPS. Could there be an issue with the laptop itself?

4 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

That does seem a little low. How are your thermals during gameplay?

Well I've measured them using Hardware Open Monitor/HWINFO/ROG Armory and it doesn't seem to go over 84C.. I'm not sure if I measured correctly though.

I just leave the monitor app running on background while I do something in my game and then look at the max temp values.

10 minutes ago, Aerowei said:

Well I've measured them using Hardware Open Monitor/HWINFO/ROG Armory and it doesn't seem to go over 84C.. I'm not sure if I measured correctly though.

I just leave the monitor app running on background while I do something in my game and then look at the max temp values.

you better contact asus about this because you prety much done everything you could

51 minutes ago, Aerowei said:

At that temperature it might be thermal throttling. I'd take a look at the clocks you're getting, my bet would be that it's not running max turbo to keep thermals under control.

12 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

At that temperature it might be thermal throttling. I'd take a look at the clocks you're getting, my bet would be that it's not running max turbo to keep thermals under control.

When you say look at the clocks, what do I have to look for, what do I have to compare it to? 

If it it thermal throttling, then what should be done? 

Here is a link to a user benchmark I just did. Hope this extra information is useful

6 hours ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Here is the link to screenshots of HWInfo sensors during a Valorant match. I was getting around 140-170 FPS on the Turbo setting in ROG Armory.

17 hours ago, Aerowei said:

Here is a link to a user benchmark I just did. Hope this extra information is useful

15 hours ago, Aerowei said:

Here is the link to screenshots of HWInfo sensors during a Valorant match. I was getting around 140-170 FPS on the Turbo setting in ROG Armory.

TBH with you I see that your temperatures are amazingly normal. Not all the clocks are running at high speed and this might be the problem why you are losing FPS. I am not an expert though so if somebody can confirm or deny my observations please do so. Sometimes it's also good to check your current fan preset. Maybe they are not also set to work in a proper mode.