Do I Need More Wattage?

MalekWMHD
Hello
Can you check this list plz?
PS instead of unify i want rog strix e-gaming I just couldn’t find it on pcpartpicker, my concern is about the PSU is it enough? Or should i go for 850? I calculated the wattage needed  using the cooler master calculator and it was 605W.

I would go with 850w, a lot of people with 650-750w PSU have experienced shutdowns and crashes, due to power spikes when your 3080 starts boosting in games.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

It should work just fine, though I'd definitely change out that SSD for one that's got a DRAM cache, and I'd probably also wait for Zen 3 or just go for the regular 3900X.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I would go higher, Linus kind of said (multiple times) on his videos it might be not enough as RTX cards would be spiking on the current, tripping the over-current protection on the PSU. And I thought it would be good for additional space for future upgrades.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

I would go with 850w, a lot of people with 650-750w PSU have experienced shutdowns and crashes, due to power spikes when your 3080 starts boosting in games.

@Void Master thank you

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It should work just fine, though I'd definitely change out that SSD for one that's got a DRAM cache, and I'd probably also wait for Zen 3 or just go for the regular 3900X.

@Mateyyy can you recommend another ssd? and thank you, i was thinking about the Ryzen™ 9 5900X Processor

7 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

I would go higher, Linus kind of said (multiple times) on his videos it might be not enough as RTX cards would be spiking on the current, tripping the over-current protection on the PSU. And I thought it would be good for additional space for future upgrades.

@dhannemon13 thsnk you, so should i go for 850? or higher?

Just now, MalekWMHD said:

@dhannemon13 thsnk you, so should i go for 850? or higher?

He meant higher than 650, 850W should be enough.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Just now, Void Master said:

He meant higher than 650, 850W should be enough.

@Void Master even if i want to overclock?

2 minutes ago, MalekWMHD said:

@Void Master even if i want to overclock?

It's not worth overclocking either the 3900xt or the 3080, (or perhaps the 5900x if you get one) those boost really high near their limits anyways. (Just enable PBO is BIOS)

3 minutes ago, Void Master said:

It's not worth overclocking either the 3900xt or the 3080, (or perhaps the 5900x if you get one) those boost really high near their limits anyways. (Just enable PBO is BIOS)

@Void Master it was very helpful thank you.

17 minutes ago, MalekWMHD said:

@Mateyyy can you recommend another ssd? and thank you, i was thinking about the Ryzen™ 9 5900X Processor

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VXyqqs/silicon-power-a80-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-su001tbp34a80m28ab

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QQrmP6/western-digital-sn750-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-wds100t3x0c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zR3H99/adata-sx8200-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-1tt-c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qBCD4D/adata-xpg-gammix-s11-pro-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-agammixs11p-1tt-c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BVbCmG/corsair-mp510-960-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-cssd-f960gbmp510b

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/N7zkcf/sabrent-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-sb-rocket-1tb

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JLdxFT/samsung-970-evo-10tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v7e1t0baw

13 minutes ago, MalekWMHD said:

even if i want to overclock?

According to AMD, the 5900X should pull about the same power as the 3900X. If that translates into similar power draw when overclocked too, you're going to have a hard time breaking 200W on it with manual overvolting on air cooling or a CLC AIO (and that's 200W in P95 or whatever, not during gaming or day to day workloads).

With the 3080, you won't be able to go over 375W if you go for the FE or any other models with only two 8-pin power connectors.

So with that being said, 750W is plenty. 850W even more so, but you don't need to go that high.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC