Youtube Ads - I Kind of Miss Cable

JacobFW
1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

But that's just unrealistic. T series for example is nearly all Indian in viewership, I would estimate it at well over 90%

Look at this chart : https://infogram.com/youtube-cpm-by-country-for-content-creators-1h7v4pqel1xj6k0

The India CPM is $2.02 and unites states is $5.33 (as of today)

Lets put this in a ratio

India : US : Total

2.02 : 5.33 : 7.35

0.274:0.725:1

So India would actually only account for 27.4% of revenue and US would account for 72.5% (assuming they both had equal viewership)

Keep in mind we do not know T-series actual viewership around different continents

Edited by RTX 3090
Explained calculations : (assuming they both had equal viewership)

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

On 11/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, Kawaii Koneko said:

but a lot of people who don't want to pay that much will drop $8 a meal every time they buy fast food lol.

You're forgetting that not everyone lives in the US, YouTube premium price vary across country. It's 12 GBP in UK. I literally don't see any reason to why YouTube premium should cost more than a Netflix subscription.

10 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Look at this chart : https://infogram.com/youtube-cpm-by-country-for-content-creators-1h7v4pqel1xj6k0

Lets say 90% is Indian viewership and 5% unites states. 

Lets put this in a ratio

So India would actually only account for 27.4% of revenue and US would account for 72.5%

Keep in mind we do not know T-series actual viewership around different continents

Not really, that calculations assumes that there is an equal amount of US and Indian viewers.

8 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Not really, that calculations assumes that there is an equal amount of US and Indian viewers.

Have edited

Edited just now by RTX 3090
Explained calculations : (assuming they both had equal viewership)

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

9 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

Lets put this in a ratio

So India would actually only account for 27.4% of revenue and US would account for 72.5% (assuming they both had equal viewership)

We know that it has a large majority of Indian viewers as the language of everything on the channel is Indian. Considering only around 32,000,000 Indians live aboard of a population of over 1.35 Billion most of the people watching are in India by a margin exceeding 90%. 

Also that's not how you do a ratio to compare two things.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Any way I can flag ads to not show again? I keep seeing this one ad placement when scrolling (How to fix bad breath) that shows a rather repulsive picture for the past few months, and I want it gone. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Any way I can flag ads to not show again? I keep seeing this one ad placement when scrolling (How to fix bad breath) that shows a rather repulsive picture for the past few months, and I want it gone. 

Knowing Google, them knowing you hate an ad would simply flag it as 'play twice at the start of every video, then once in the middle'.

I'm the same way, but with mobile game ads. I hate mobile games, and their ads are absolutely terrible. I honestly don't care if I see ads, but the mobile ads make my blood boil.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 hours ago, Sarra said:

Knowing Google, them knowing you hate an ad would simply flag it as 'play twice at the start of every video, then once in the middle'.

I'm the same way, but with mobile game ads. I hate mobile games, and their ads are absolutely terrible. I honestly don't care if I see ads, but the mobile ads make my blood boil.

“You’re not a dish, you’re a Mannn!”

Everytime I hear that, I get the (mercifully rare) temptation to throw my phone at the nearest wall, or start cursing at it whilst simultaneously and repeatedly giving the bird, as though Google were secretly watching. Cheaper than a proper therapist I guess  🙄

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

12 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

“You’re not a dish, you’re a Mannn!”

Everytime I hear that, I get the (mercifully rare) temptation to throw my phone at the nearest wall, or start cursing at it whilst simultaneously and repeatedly giving the bird, as though Google were secretly watching. Cheaper than a proper therapist I guess  🙄

When mobile game ads play, I usually turn the volume all the way down on my phone. Then I yell incredulously at my phone. Then I forget to turn the volume back up when my video actually starts playing... And fume about how stupid mobile games are while I watch my video.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022