Budget gaming pc upgrade help needed

Budget (including currency): 200/220 GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p 60Hz gaming maybe some streaming occasionally

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

current setup

CPU - intel i5 3350p

CPU cooler - Cooler master hyper 212 Evo

GPU - GTX 960

Motherboard - ASUS ????

PSU - EVGA 700w

RAM - 8gb ddr3 

256gb SSD

2x 500 GB HDD

i have around 200GBP to upgrade my PC as i have been having issues with a lot of games, i have been looking at getting a Ryzen 3300x and a b450 motherboard along with 8gb of ddr4 ram (should come in just above my budget)

But the 3300x has been out of stock everywhere for a while now and no one seems to even have estimated delivery dates of more stock.

going up to a Ryzen 3600 is way out of my current budget and the chance to save further is unlikely due to Children and living costs etc.

Is there a different/better option within my budget? and is dropping down to a Ryzen 3100 going to make a huge difference as i could possibly squeeze in more RAM within my budget??

Any help would be amazing guys :) 

I'd get a 3100, your bottleneck will be your GPU. Also your GPU is pretty old and not that great, see if you could get a RX 570 or 580 or a GTX 1650Super or 1660 Super or something used. I'd prioritize getting a new GPU over a new CPU.

I'm pretty sure my CPU is currently bottlenecking my current GPU though as my brother has the same setup with a 6600k CPU and can run a higher FPS on same settings and isn't getting the same game crash issues on newer titles as I am, if that's the case a newer GPU will just bottleneck more

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor £95.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard £56.99 @ CCL Computers
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory £45.36 @ Amazon UK
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £198.34
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-30 23:17 GMT+0000  

gtx 960 is rough for 1080p, i'd sell it and get an rx 470/570 or similar, should be no more than 50 quid to upgrade and thatd get you 60 fps at 1080p for the majority of games on high/ultra settings

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D