TUF FX505DV before buying

Hello. So I'm back once again. Last 2 weeks, I posted a quick 'question' whether it is safe 'bet' to buy Asus TUF FX505DT which is equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H accompanied by a GTX 1650 (512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD & 16 GB of ram).

It took me days before opting it out. But then I came across TUF FX505DV which is currently on sale. It's equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H (Zen+ which is kinda sad...), RTX 2060 (6 GB), 512 GB SSD/1 TB HDD..and 16 gb ramYet again. I'm not quite sure whether the temps/thermals will be alright or most importantly, if there'll be bottlenecking issues considering it is a full fat RTX. Could someone enlighten me whether it's decent to buy it? 

It is currently priced at SAR 4399

P.s. it literally is hard to find 4000 series laptops. kinda pricey. I apologize if I had to post almost the same content as well from the previous one knowing that I'm literally on a tight budget :c 

I always appreciate helps and other recommendations. Thanks and clear skies.

CGHA

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

the performance is good and there is no bottlenecking, but the fans are poor quality and many people reported fans rattling and vibrating after a few months.

if you're happy to open it up and change the fans in case this happens to you, it's a decent laptop.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the performance is good and there is no bottlenecking, but the fans are poor quality and many people reported fans rattling and vibrating after a few months.

if you're happy to open it up and change the fans in case this happens to you, it's a decent laptop.

Thanks for noting as well about the fans rattling...but wait you can change the fans of that laptop? '.'

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

12 minutes ago, Astrogene said:

Thanks for noting as well about the fans rattling...but wait you can change the fans of that laptop? '.'

I've bought one but hadn't had time to change it yet. doesn't seem too difficult though from the youtube videos I've seen

On 10/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Astrogene said:

Hello. So I'm back once again. Last 2 weeks, I posted a quick 'question' whether it is safe 'bet' to buy Asus TUF FX505DT which is equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H accompanied by a GTX 1650 (512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD & 16 GB of ram).

It took me days before opting it out. But then I came across TUF FX505DV which is currently on sale. It's equipped with Ryzen 7-3750H (Zen+ which is kinda sad...), RTX 2060 (6 GB), 512 GB SSD/1 TB HDD..and 16 gb ramYet again. I'm not quite sure whether the temps/thermals will be alright or most importantly, if there'll be bottlenecking issues considering it is a full fat RTX. Could someone enlighten me whether it's decent to buy it? 

It is currently priced at SAR 4399

P.s. it literally is hard to find 4000 series laptops. kinda pricey. I apologize if I had to post almost the same content as well from the previous one knowing that I'm literally on a tight budget :c 

I always appreciate helps and other recommendations. Thanks and clear skies.

CGHA

It's been my understanding that Asus's TUF series laptops have horrible panels, very slow response times and obvious ghosting. Thermals were fairly poor as well. It's decently priced but people have said not worth the price. There's a dude named Jerrod who reviewed those laptops specifically, and did a bunch of technical tests to determine their quality. Give it a listen to. It's not the exact spec as yours, but it's nearly identical and it's the same general SKU.