780ti vs Titan black

Gauzl

Honestly, I wouldn't pay that much for the Titan Black, however, it would be perfect for 4K gaming. Since it has 6GB VRAM. But I don't think that justifies the price tag.

But thats just me. lol

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Don't dare go for the Titan Black unless you just have to use that money. The added performance benefit is pretty small.

Your better off getting a after market 780ti, because of the way gpu boost 2 works the titan black is just going to hit it's thermal limits and throttle down so it probably wont match the performance (in fps) of a good 780ti.

IF you plan to game/video edit/render at 2k+ get the titan, for 1080P to 1440P get the 780 Ti

This, Titan is not just for gaming, when someone compares these 2 cards they need to understand that.

Unless you're into extreme rendering or research, I wouldn't get the Titan Black

Titan black is not really a consumer oriented card, the only use for it for gaming is if you are going 4k, and have an almost unlimited budget (And for 4k you'd need a couple of them). Otherwise the 780ti is the way to go.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

As a new owner of the Titan Black (and yes, I wanted it for the compute power, and gaming on the side ... I actually don't have any games other than D3 to play right now), I can say that the reference cooler is awesome.

I ran Unigine Valley 1.0 on Extreme HD, with just factory settings, and I had 1202 MHz Core Clocks, it hit 82 C, and it didn't throttle down. The fan just ramped up and kept it locked at 82-83 C. I left it running on a loop for a little while (like 20-30 minutes).

Wasn't even that loud. But hard to really compare since I came from a 2-year old laptop.

I've also got the ACX cooler, but I don't think I'll have time to install it for another couple of weeks. Will overclock then. Did average about 67-68 fps with factory settings. Not sure if NCIX install team OC-ed my GPU. Didn't really pay attention. eVGA PrecisionX says everything is stock. 

If you just need a GPU for gaming, get a 780ti.

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D

I own an EVGA GTX Titan Black SC. I sold my two GTX Titan SC's in order to buy two Blacks. Buying the 780ti's did cross my mind but, I can't resist the 6gb of VRAM. 

Although I don't ONLY game on my PC, I do game on a 3 monitor setup, so that was definitely a factor. (I do plan on upgrading to 3, 1600p monitors)

So if multi-monitor gaming is something of interest, more VRAM is something to keep in mind. Sure, the price tag is larger, but who said being an enthusiast was cheap?  :unsure:

6GB of vram.. Come back over 2 years time and tell me how well they would run in 4K or 8K. A single titan would definitely struggle with 6GB of VRAM being utilized, a 2nd isnt going to make a difference unless you want 5 more fps.

You should only get them for productivity purposes or if you dont know how to spend your money, their compute power is a lot better than a 780ti.

The Titan Black is actually dirt cheap if you use it for 3D rendering,modeling ect.
The only Quadro Card that is on par with the TITAN Black is the K6000 and that card is $5000.
(Depending on what Software you use.)

RTX2070OC 

For my personal use (gaming) the Titan is not worth it. 780Ti performs just as good.

Processor: Intel i7-4790K *4,8GHz  Graphics card: MSI GTX 980Ti  Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Vii Hero RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb PSU: Evga SuperNova G2 750W Cooling: Corsair H100i Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB Chassis: Corsair 750D Monitor: ASUS Rog Swift PG278Q