Low cou and gpu usage ALWAYS

EyeAyEn

I have a gigabyte rx 5600 xt, ryzen 5 2600, 16gb 3000mhz, gigabyte b450m ds3h mobo

Hello, I have a problem where my gpu and cou usage is always low, I see people with my exact same system getting constant super high fps in games but I can't seem to reach those frames because my gpu and cpu don't use themselves. In for example fortnite my usage is always around 30% never any higher, and that's really frustrating because if it could just use 50% of it I could be getting constant 144 and not constant lag to 60 fps

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this to happen to me? Need anymore information just ask 

Thank you 😊

1- Run a benchmark 

2- DDU and update to the latest 

3- Revert to an older driver. 

33 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

1- Run a benchmark 

2- DDU and update to the latest 

3- Revert to an older driver. 

What benchmark should I use and I can't use fire strike because that costs 30$, and what is DDU and update to the latest

5 minutes ago, EyeAyEn said:

What benchmark should I use and I can't use fire strike because that costs 30$, and what is DDU and update to the latest

should be trial/demo versions of some of the tests. but you could something a little more easier to use, like say kombustor 4, it has benchmarking along with being able to stresstest for as long as you like.

if you choose to use kombustor then do furmark (vulkan) that test will give any amd gpu trouble (only because it uses the absolute most out of your card.. because its vulkan), set the stresstest to say, oh idk 1080p, try to see if you can at least get 120fps.

i believe my 250w rx 580 gets around 110fps, so that will be a ok starting point for you

8 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

should be trial/demo versions of some of the tests. but you could something a little more easier to use, like say kombustor 4, it has benchmarking along with being able to stresstest for as long as you like.

if you choose to use kombustor then do furmark (vulkan) that test will give any amd gpu trouble (only because it uses the absolute most out of your card.. because its vulkan), set the stresstest to say, oh idk 1080p, try to see if you can at least get 120fps.

i believe my 250w rx 580 gets around 110fps, so that will be a ok starting point for you

I have a gigabyte rx 5600 xt, will this still work? and do you mean (vk) furmark-donut?

10 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

I got like 98 fps, I did (vk) furmark-donut at 1080p

Just now, EyeAyEn said:

I got like 98 fps, I did (vk) furmark-donut at 1080p

i meant the one above the donut one, mostly because well.. the donut runs at high fps almost on like.. any system.

i cant remember the exact name of the test, but i believe its the first vk test you see when going top down from the list.. i would check but im not even on my pc atm

What's your PSU??? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

i meant the one above the donut one, mostly because well.. the donut runs at high fps almost on like.. any system.

i cant remember the exact name of the test, but i believe its the first vk test you see when going top down from the list.. i would check but im not even on my pc atm

I get like 150 on the test where its the red word msi moving around

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

What's your PSU??? 

corsair cx 450w

26 minutes ago, EyeAyEn said:

fire strike because that costs 30$

Actually no. It's free with the demo. 

And would be a much better test too. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Actually no. It's free with the demo. 

And would be a much better test too. 

can you link me the demo?

4 minutes ago, EyeAyEn said:

corsair cx 450w

Welp. 

Tip: stop using fumark immediately it can actually damage your components. 

That PSU is much too weak. 

Get 550w minimum and that'll likely also fix your issues...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Welp. 

Tip: stop using fumark immediately it can actually damage your components. 

Get 550w minimum and that'll likely also fix your issues...

alright thank you :)

stop using fumark immediately it can actually damage your components. 

me: *is using a e rank psu with a 250w gpu*

psu's have over current protection, so if the gpu pulls too much power it will shut off, so no, compenents will most likely not get damaged.

also, not sure how furmark would be more dangerous than firestrike which is a test that brings my poor mid range pc to its knees??

another thing, im talking about kombustor, not furmark, we are talking about too different applications (3 if you count 3dmark)

Just now, GoodEnough said:

psu's have over current protection, so if the gpu pulls too much power it will shut off, so no, compenents will most likely not get damaged.

also, not sure how furmark would be more dangerous than firestrike which is a test that brings my poor mid range pc to its knees??

another thing, im talking about kombustor, not furmark, we are talking about too different applications (3 if you count 3dmark)

I downloaded msi kombustor, and ran furmark

1 minute ago, EyeAyEn said:

if it was indeed (vk) furmak-msi and you got 150~ fps then there should nothing wrong with your gpu, as my rx 580 gets around 110. (80 at 1440p)

so i would put the blame on the psu, at least you know that there isnt anything wrong with your gpu

2 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

Just a tip for the future if someone already has issues with their pc then you don't recommend fumark to "test" literally anything, it's a stress test that *can* reveal faults and it can also damage parts that aren't up to snuff (that's why it's a stress test) 

You also cannot expect people to know the difference between different "tests" they'll just run fumark anyways... 

Just don't recommend it in such cases or preferably not at all. 

5 minutes ago, EyeAyEn said:

In any case, don't run it anymore and get a new PSU, it's really not adequate for your system and likely the cause of the issues. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it's a stress test

stress tests are the same thing as benchmarks in kombustor 4, only difference is that you can set custom resolutions and not have a 60 second time limit.

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Just a tip for the future if someone already has issues with their pc then you don't recommend fumark to "test" literally anything, it's a stress test that *can* reveal faults and it can also damage parts that aren't up to snuff (that's why it's a stress test) 

You also cannot expect people to know the difference between different "tests" they'll just run fumark anyways... 

Just don't recommend it in such cases or preferably not at all. 

In any case, don't run it anymore and get a new PSU, it's really not adequate for your system and likely the cause of the issues. 

I also think it could be cooling, I have no intake fan, only 1 outake, a cpu fan, and 3 on my gpu

My dads computer for example gets around 280 fps in roblox phantom forces, his specs art gtx 1650 and i7 9700, while I have the rx 5600 xt and ryzen 5 2600 and I only get like 130 on average