Noctua Releases PWM Version of Award-Winning NF-A14 140 mm Fan

Jozi

Noctua today released a higher speed PWM version of its award-winning NF-A14 140 mm fan. Its performance-oriented 1500 rpm top speed and comprehensive speed control options make the NF-A14 PWM an elite choice for users who strive to strike a perfect balance between excellent cooling capacity and superb quietness of operation, be it on watercooling radiators, on heatsinks or in case ventilation.

"Our NF-A15 and NF-A14 fans have been very well received by customers and hardware journalists alike", says Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO), "but we got many requests for a square frame PWM version for use as a case fan and on watercooling radiators. We can now meet this demand with the new NF-A14 PWM."

noctua_nf-a14_pwm_01_thm.jpg noctua_nf-a14_pwm_02_thm.jpg noctua_nf-a14_pwm_03_thm.jpg

Introduced in late 2012, Noctua's NF-A15 and NF-A14 140 mm fans have already received more than 50 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines. So far, only the round frame NF-A15 was available with PWM support for automatic speed control though. While the NF-A15's round frame is ideal for use on CPU heatsinks, the new NF-A14 PWM now combines PWM support with the A14's square frame that lends itself to use as a case fan or on watercooling radiators.

Like the NF-A14 FLX and ULN models, the new PWM version complies with Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) standard and features sophisticated aerodynamic design measures such as Flow Acceleration Channels. Noctua's custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC and reference class SSO2 bearings guarantee superb running smoothness and excellent long-term stability. Topped off with modular cabling, a Low-Noise Adaptor and 6 years manufacturer's warranty, the NF-A14 PWM is a premium choice for the highest demands.

http://www.techpowerup.com/183448/Noctua-Releases-PWM-Version-of-Award-Winning-NF-A14-140-mm-Fan.html

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

if only they came in different colors..

I guess the color is part of their secret receipt_coz they wud have introduced new colors by now  

I first thought it was a change in color before clicking this thread but I guess they still like their color scheme...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Their fans are so awsome though and add so much to builds if you show that you used them weather you painted them or just made them work, i like their colour scheme. That is how you spell colour.

I guess the color is part of their secret receipt_coz they wud have introduced new colors by now  

probably not. many people have died noctua fans by now and it hasn't noticeably affected performance. it's just the m.o. they want to stay with. i only try to buy blue and white fans, but i'd purchase noctuas in a heartbeat if they came in black with no markup.

I don't know the colors for Noctua is starting to grow on me, but I don't really care what colors are inside my case as long as it runs cool.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Awesome. It's gotten to the point where I don't care about noctua's color scheme anymore because they're just so damn baller.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

The Noctua colour scheme really makes their brand stand out among others.  Yeah sure they could make some black fans, but when a friend looks through your side panel will they say, what are those fans? No

The Noctua colour scheme really makes their brand stand out among others.  Yeah sure they could make some black fans, but when a friend looks through your side panel will they say, what are those fans? No

Sure, Noctua's want to make their brand stand out and thats fine, but they don't have to do it by looking like shit. The corsair AF fans are distinctive enough to know them when you see them in a rig, and they look awesome.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Yeah, definitely, Linus has already talked about it in a livestream, when you see a rig with brown and tan fans, you instantly know they're Noctua fans, which is why they are so famous (well, that and the fact that they offer amazing performance and amazing silence).

Noctua news, 

aaaand it's talking about the colors.

Anyone know if anyplace is selling this right now???? Thanks..