cover up an area in HTML ?

Fredrikmikael

Hello i dont know if any of you are familiar with "twitter bootstrap3" framwork.

i am making a website and i have a "carousel" inside of a jumbotron, but text gets behind it. dont come with suggestions to make the carousel static or relative positioned, or anything like that.

i want to know how to make an invisible area that is occupied, that i can have my carousel inside, but text cant get inside there is an invisible wall it must align to.

example = 

---------------------------- | this is some text 

| that is aligning 

| to an invisible

invisible wall     -->    | area.

|

covered area             |

-----------------------------|

Hope im not to confusing.

EDIT: i see the headline is wrong, i believe it would be "Cover up and area in CSS".

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Basically, you want the text to start a certain amount inside the element?

Padding.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Give it a padding and a z-position, or margins on certain elements.

Add in a few print screens, so we can see what you have and what you're trying to achieve on your layout.

Maybe your code too.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Add in a few print screens, so we can see what you have and what you're trying to achieve on your layout.

Maybe your code too.

you can check what i got so far here: http://sjovegan-ikt.no/tbt/index.htm

Screenshot:

btng.png

i added three   in a row so the text wouldnt get inside of the carousel.

since the website is "responsive" everything resizes to the screen resolution and size, so if i were to window the browser and make it a little smaller some text would fall on the next line and that text wouldnt have the three   to make it stay outside of the carousel.    i hope that made sense...

so i want to make the left half an invisible block that the text would align to.

i could make the text "text-right" but that just looks ugly and unproffesional IMO.

i want to have the website mobile-friendly, thats one of the reasons im using bootstrap.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

you can check what i got so far here: http://sjovegan-ikt.no/tbt/index.htm

My screen is a little bigger than yours, I just noticed that the width of your carosel isn't fixed http://puu.sh/7rOJe.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Here's something to work with, try wrapping your <p> tags in a <div> and then align that and the carosel with display:inline-block in the Jumbotron <div>

<div id="Jumbotron"><div class="carosel">...</div><div class="Content"><p>...</p><p>...</p></div></div>
Spoiler

My screen is a little bigger than yours, I just noticed that the width of your carosel isn't fixed http://puu.sh/7rOJe.jpg

how would i go about making the width fixed?

i feel like this is something i should already know hehe

System

Spoiler