NEED HELP: finding appropriate bluetooth dongle

Othi

My current Bluetooth dongle sucks and keeps disconnecting. It also refuses to pair my headphones and xbox one controller simultaneously. I'm looking for a new dongle which allows me to game and listen to audio wirelessly without losing connection and with a fairly decent range. Would greatly appreciate any help.

i recall looking into this a while ago, in the specific case of connecting multiple wiimotes to a single bluetooth dongle, i believe at the time the conclusion was something along the line of "good f'ing luck", because some chipsets did A LOT better than others, but there is essentially no way to know if a specific dongle is any good, other than to buy and test it out.

having that said.. the specific issue of audio device plus game controller is an issue i've struggled with before. my current bluetooth dongle is just a "sort by price" dongle from my usual retailer. it does multiple controllers fine, but bluetooth controller and audio device just ended up giving disconnects, distorted audio, etc.. it *may* just be a limitation of bluetooth bandwidth..

and on that note, what do you mean by 'fairly decent range'? even for a nice bluetooth solution.. i's only ever made to cover a few meters at most, if you plan to walk around a big house with your bluetooth headphones.. that's not feasible.

12 hours ago, manikyath said:

i recall looking into this a while ago, in the specific case of connecting multiple wiimotes to a single bluetooth dongle, i believe at the time the conclusion was something along the line of "good f'ing luck", because some chipsets did A LOT better than others, but there is essentially no way to know if a specific dongle is any good, other than to buy and test it out.

having that said.. the specific issue of audio device plus game controller is an issue i've struggled with before. my current bluetooth dongle is just a "sort by price" dongle from my usual retailer. it does multiple controllers fine, but bluetooth controller and audio device just ended up giving disconnects, distorted audio, etc.. it *may* just be a limitation of bluetooth bandwidth..

and on that note, what do you mean by 'fairly decent range'? even for a nice bluetooth solution.. i's only ever made to cover a few meters at most, if you plan to walk around a big house with your bluetooth headphones.. that's not feasible.

So basically there's no hope for my use case? 

Concerning your last remark, I can walk around the house with my headphones connected to my phone without any disconnects while the phone remains in one room.