Many users reporting QC issues with the Pixel 5

Andehhh

Summary

Despite only having been out for a few days, hoardes of Pixel 5 owners have been reporting a gap between the display and casing of their new device.

Google is yet to publicly acknowledge or respond to this issue.

My thoughts

As a Pixel 5 owner myself seeing this issue, I am concerned about how Google have handled this. It also brings the longevity of the device into question.

Sources

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/77741994?hl=en

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-5/help/assembly-problem-gap-screen-case-t4177669

google has yet to officially respond to the particular issue surrounding the pixel 5, but they do know it does in fact exist, and are investigating on the matter 

Why was this moved from the 'Tech News" forum?

1 minute ago, Andehhh said:

i can only assume that a mod felt that the post didn't quite meet the criteria of being "tech news"

19 minutes ago, Andehhh said:

Your post didn't comply with the Tech News Posting Guidelines, and a forum post complaining about issues with their phone isn't considered a reliable source. If this gets picked up as a news story and published as an article and you are able to edit your post with quotes from the article then the post could possibly be moved back to Tech News. For now please feel free to continue discussion in the Phones & Tablets category.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450