Black Friday components list - any thoughts?

Budget (including currency): Max £1100 for everything including peripherals, hoping to reduce by buying discounted products during Black Friday

Country: Ireland, but buying components from the UK to save money

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p gaming - mainly AAA single player games e.g. Cyberpunk, Baldur's Gate 3, Titanfall 2, Doom, Deathloop, Total Warhammer, Star Wars Squadrons. Maybe a little multiplayer (star wars squadrons or Titanfall 2) but nothing serious and I'll be playing on wifi. Plus general office tasks like Word, Excel, Powerpoint but no video editing or anything like that.

Other details:  I've spent the last few months looking into a new 1080p build. I need everything - monitor, peripherals, etc, and want to bring the price down by picking up anything that gets a discount during Black Friday. I've prepared a shortlist of options for each component and want to know:

- Are any of them bad picks for my budget?

- Are there any better options I should consider?

- Is there any reason not to buy any/all components that are on offer and pick the rest up later?

CPU - with no release date for a 5600 and the likely £50 price hike over the 3600, I'm looking at the 3600 or maybe the 3600x if there's a good saving. The 3300x has been out of stock for 6 months. If there are no CPU discounts I'll wait until I get the GPU (see below) in case there's something new by then.

Motherboard - I need wifi, so the MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI is my number 1 pick. I couldn't see any other B550s that have wifi at this price point, or cheaper ones where adding a wifi card would come to the same price

GPU - I'm almost certainly going to wait for the 3060 / 6600;  I imagine the new cards will be more expensive so hoping to offset this with savings elsewhere. However if there are great savings on any of the below I'd consider getting one:

• EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Gaming
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060
  • Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming OC
  • PowerColor Radeon RX 5600 XT Red Dragon
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB PULSE

Memory - either the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200 or the Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB 3200

Storage - either the Crucial P1, Kingston A2000 or the WD Blue SN550 - all 500GB NVME drives. I know the WD Blue is DRAMless but it seems to work well despite that?

Cases - Either the Fractal Design Focus G Mini tower plus 1x Arctic P12 fan, or the Thermaltake Versa H18 mini tower plus 2x arctic P12 fans to have 3x fans in total either way

PSU - I think I'd be fine with 550W even with a new GPU from what I've read? My shortlist is:

• Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze
  • Corsair CV 550 W 80+ Bronze
  • be quiet! System Power 9 600 W 80+ Bronze

Monitor - Only 1x option here - the AOC 24G2U, as it seems to be overwhelmingly the best 1080p monitor

Keyboard - I've never used a mechanical keyboard but would like to try one. I'd prefer a TKL as I've a small desk so either the HyperX Alloy FPS pro or the Corsair K63

Mouse - either the Steelseries Rival 3 or Logitech G203 Lightsync

Headphones - either the HyperX Cloud Stinger or the Logitech G432 if there's a good discount

Here's my current model build for ref on the price:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£180.00 @ Currys PC World) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£99.99 @ Box Limited) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£58.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£44.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB PULSE Video Card  (£276.58 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.94 @ Box Limited) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£5.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£5.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: AOC 24G2U/BK 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (£178.20 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 3 Wired Optical Mouse  (£29.98 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger  Headset  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Custom: Corsair K63 Compact Gaming Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red)  (£72.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Custom: Thermaltake Versa H18 Window  (£41.28 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1096.90

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any advice!

sadly PC gaming components rarely get quality discounts for black friday. If you're lucky, you might get $10 off an SSD or a CPU/Motherboard/ram bundle for 15% off, but past that, GPUs are pretty stationary in prices and power supplies have gone up in price since covid and are yet to fall.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

sadly PC gaming components rarely get quality discounts for black friday. If you're lucky, you might get $10 off an SSD or a CPU/Motherboard/ram bundle for 15% off, but past that, GPUs are pretty stationary in prices and power supplies have gone up in price since covid and are yet to fall.

Hey thanks for the reply - won't lie that's a little disappointing but I guess I'll wait and see what comes up. In general did my component list look ok to you?

2 hours ago, marbled said:

Hey thanks for the reply - won't lie that's a little disappointing but I guess I'll wait and see what comes up. In general did my component list look ok to you?

i liked ur cpu choice and ur gpu list. my go-to is usually a gigabyte 2060 6gb. 

maybe go with a 650w just in case. its better to go with what you think will be more beneficial in the long run. i think if u lower your keyboard into say, a rk61 or anne pro you could be able to add a 1tb or 2tb hdd. u might think u wont need them but they come in handy

36 minutes ago, Healyz said:

i liked ur cpu choice and ur gpu list. my go-to is usually a gigabyte 2060 6gb. 

maybe go with a 650w just in case. its better to go with what you think will be more beneficial in the long run. i think if u lower your keyboard into say, a rk61 or anne pro you could be able to add a 1tb or 2tb hdd. u might think u wont need them but they come in handy

Hey thanks, I'll take a look at those keyboard options. I'm not too worried about storage as that's something I can add down the road as needed but if I can free up a bit of cash for a better PSU, that would be a good bit of future proofing for sure.