RAM Not Working- Please Help

Hello. I just bought new ram (corsair vengeance 3200mhz 2x8gb) and attempted to add it to my old ram (vengeance led 2666mhz 2x8gb) but my pc wouldn't boot. So I took the new ram out and used my pc as normal with the old ram. I them tried to put in just the new ram and that failed to boot, then tried my old ram again and then that even failed to boot. My mb (asus prime z370) has a light next to "dram" and I even tried using the "memok" button on both sets of ram, but nothing is successful. The led of the old ram does light up but won't work. 

5 minutes ago, Kolgrim17 said:

Hello. I just bought new ram (corsair vengeance 3200mhz 2x8gb) and attempted to add it to my old ram (vengeance led 2666mhz 2x8gb) but my pc wouldn't boot. So I took the new ram out and used my pc as normal with the old ram. I them tried to put in just the new ram and that failed to boot, then tried my old ram again and then that even failed to boot. My mb (asus prime z370) has a light next to "dram" and I even tried using the "memok" button on both sets of ram, but nothing is successful. The led of the old ram does light up but won't work. 

How do you put the ram in? Do you put them right next to eachother or skip one slot? Because I think you need to put them in that way. Also you shouldn't really mix different ram speeds because you never know how your PC is going to react. Jus use the new 3200mhz ram. Also don't forget to enable XMP in order for the 3200mhz to be overclocked. Otherwhise it will only run at 2133mhz. Which was one of my mistakes and I had like 40fps less in some games.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

How do you put the ram in? Do you put them right next to eachother or skip one slot? Because I think you need to put them in that way. Also you shouldn't really mix different ram speeds because you never know how your PC is going to react. Jus use the new 3200mhz ram. Also don't forget to enable XMP in order for the 3200mhz to be overclocked. Otherwhise it will only run at 2133mhz. Which was one of my mistakes and I had like 40fps less in some games.

The old ram I had next to each other which worked, but I tried skipping a slot and still the same issue. And how would I enable XMP?

Just now, Kolgrim17 said:

The old ram I had next to each other which worked, but I tried skipping a slot and still the same issue. And how would I enable XMP?

you enable it from bios

Just now, Kolgrim17 said:

You enable that in the bios which is either called XMP or something else in asus mobos.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

It is called DOCP!

EDIT: apparently it is intel that has XMP and amd that has DOCP.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Try putting in the ram in A2 and B2 slots. Which is the second and last slot.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

7 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Try putting in the ram in A2 and B2 slots. Which is the second and last slot.

I did try that