I have a amd sapphire r9 390x and it won't work.

Rivano101

So I have a amd r9 390x and it won't work idk if it's the power supply or the thing it self my rig has a r7 2700x 16 gb ram and the power supply is a cooler master mwe 650 white 240V. The graphics card model is a sapphire nitro r9 390x 8g gddr5 pci e dvi-d/hdmi/triple do oc w/no (uefi)

Plz somebody help me on this moment I have a gtx 1050 ti 4 gb low profile 2 fans

And I really want the card to work. 

Edit.

If I turn the system on then the gpu won't do anything I even tried it without cooler and the die doesn't get hot also I plugged a speaker in my motherboard and it gave 4 beeps that means it says it has no video uput I tried cleaning the gpu and still won't work I tried reinstalling windows also won't work also I tried to have both the 1050 ti and the r9 390x in the machine and install drivers that ways it posted and whas in windows tried to install driver and it won't work

Make sure the power cables are plugged in properly and that the graphics card is seated properly in the PCIE slot. Do the fans spin when you start the system?

Though it might just be that your GPU is broken.

What kind of issue it is? No POST? No drivers installing? We need more information.

But if GTX 1050 Ti works fine then it could be the GPU it self.

Also check the power cables, most Radeons wont boot without PCIE power cables.

If the machine wont POST with the GPU (boot to bios etc..) then it is highly likely the R9 390X is broken, you could send it to someone for repair if it does not have warranty, if you are in Finland i can do it too.

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

7 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Make sure the power cables are plugged in properly and that the graphics card is seated properly in the PCIE slot. Do the fans spin when you start the system?

Though it might just be that your GPU is broken.

I edited some info in the post

6 minutes ago, SlowMixit said:

What kind of issue it is? No POST? No drivers installing? We need more information.

But if GTX 1050 Ti works fine then it could be the GPU it self.

Also check the power cables, most Radeons wont boot without PCIE power cables.

If the machine wont POST with the GPU (boot to bios etc..) then it is highly likely the R9 390X is broken, you could send it to someone for repair if it does not have warranty, if you are in Finland i can do it too.

I have edited some more info in the post

Just now, Rivano101 said:

The GPU is broken if power cables are attached properly to bowth PSU and GPU, check the cables in PSU end too if its modular one.

"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

Just now, Rivano101 said:

So if you plugged the power connectors correctly and it doesn't work, chances are it's dead. It's not exactly extremely uncommon.

5 minutes ago, SlowMixit said:

The GPU is broken if power cables are attached properly to bowth PSU and GPU, check the cables in PSU end too if its modular one.

I have checked my psu cable and I fits. So my gpu is broken how do I fix it?

12 minutes ago, Rivano101 said:

I have checked my psu cable and I fits. So my gpu is broken how do I fix it?

Do you have digital multimeter? If you do you should as last thing to check if power cables are working with voltage measurement.

If digital multimeter says voltage is around 12volts then the cable is working and GPU is dead.

Only thing you can do in case of broken GPU is either send it to someone for repair or have it as fancy paper weight, repairing gpus involves alot of pcb component level diagnostics and not everyone know how to do it and its not guaranteed to be able to be fixed.

Measure between middle pins on 6+2 connector, like in image below.
Remember to put the multimeter to DC voltage measurement mode.

992049_o03_2.jpg