Will 2 HDMI cables improve performance?

Abzilla

Hi, I have a 1080 Ti for a 1080p monitor, yes, I know don't remind me. Would I gain even more performance from the card if I have 2 HDMI cables plugged into the monitor? Thanks

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

I don't see how it logically would give you more performance, the monitor can only display one input at a time and using more outputs on the GPU draws performance (next to nothing but still)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

9 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

Hi, I have a 1080 Ti for a 1080p monitor, yes, I know don't remind me. Would I gain even more performance from the card if I have 2 HDMI cables plugged into the monitor? Thanks

If the resolution is true 240hz or higher multiple inputs can reach that true refresh rate, pointless if not

10 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

I have a 1080 Ti for a 1080p monitor, yes, I know don't remind me.

remind you of what? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

Would I gain even more performance from the card if I have 2 HDMI cables plugged into the monitor? Thanks

only if your monitor explicitly says it needs it (to either drive higher resolution than what a single link can transmit, or higher refresh rate)

or else, no difference (or even unnecessary)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

remind you of what? 🤔

only if your monitor explicitly says it needs it (to either drive higher resolution than what a single link can transmit, or higher refresh rate)

3 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

If the resolution is true 240hz or higher multiple inputs can reach that true refresh rate, pointless if not

Thanks! :)

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

remind you of what? 🤔

Correct, but he didn't say the model so I was just wondering

1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

S27D590C

13 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

Normally a monitor would ask you to use displayport before asking you to use 2x HDMI

That's a thing I've seen on TV, not on monitors

And super bleeding edge TVs that have features that surpass one HDMI cable bandwidth and doesn't have displayport

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Normally a monitor would ask you to use displayport before asking you to use 2x HDMI

That's a thing I've seen on TV, not on monitors

And super bleeding edge TVs that have features that surpass one HDMI cable bandwidth and doesn't have displayport

The dell 8k needs 2 displayport 1.4 so lols, not practical but a dream for video editors

58 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

No, your monitor uses only on input at a time so if youll connect another HDMI cable youll just be able to switch input and still see the same thing, but if you dont have 2 HDMI cables going into the same input then it leterally wont do anything to your prefornece beacuse youll be onlu using one of them at the same time.