New Iphone

kappawarrior223007

soooo I have a 3,5 year old 7plus 32gb and wanto to upgrade what are your suggestions definitely want a big phone with like 128+ gigs of storage and a decent camera.

Depends how much you're willing to spend. But if you want to get an iPhone the new iPhone 12 seems pretty solid, it should have a great camera, solid performance, and it finally has an oled screen. The 128gb model does cost 880$ though.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Depends how much you're willing to spend. But if you want to get an iPhone the new iPhone 12 seems pretty solid, it should have a great camera, solid performance, and it finally has an oled screen. The 128gb model does cost 880$ though.

yea that is what i was thinking but i dont know about the size :D how is it compared to the 7 plus ish ?

1 minute ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

yea that is what i was thinking but i dont know about the size :D how is it compared to the 7 plus ish ?

The iphone 12 has a bigger screen than the iphone 7 plus while at the same time being smaller than the iphone 7 plus.

2 minutes ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

The iphone 12 has a 6.1 inch screen while the 7 plus has 5.5 inch.

Right now I would say 12 is the sweet spot but if the price tag is too steep for the 128GB model, there is the XR which would be 549 USD for the 128GB variant. Or there's the 11 at 649 USD so plenty of options for you. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

35 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

The iphone 12 has a bigger screen than the iphone 7 plus while at the same time being smaller than the iphone 7 plus.

yea like that is the thong i dont know how it will feel in hand cause the like actuall size of the 7 plus fits my hand really well 

1 minute ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

yea like that is the thong i dont know how it will feel in hand cause the like actuall size of the 7 plus fits my hand really well 

It's only 14 mm shorter in length, and only 6 mm in width. There is the iphone 12 pro max, which is only about 2 mm longer than the 7 plus, and has the same width but it costs like 1100$

okay i guess i will aim for the 11 or 12 and will have to try them on hand in a shop 

1 hour ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

okay i guess i will aim for the 11 or 12 and will have to try them on hand in a shop 

Also give the XR a go! Though it might be a bit on the chunky side. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 hours ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

soooo I have a 3,5 year old 7plus 32gb and wanto to upgrade what are your suggestions definitely want a big phone with like 128+ gigs of storage and a decent camera.

Pocophone x3 if you are on a budget? The pocophone f2 if not?

On 10/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, jaslion said:

Pocophone x3 if you are on a budget? The pocophone f2 if not?

sorry yea i know about the pocophone it is just that i had really bad experience with xiaomi huawei and samsung so i tried apple and it has just been working for me now for 3+ years and i kinda wanna keep my phone for like 3-4 years i dont know like every android i had went to shits in a bout a year plus i am kinda in the ecosystem with apple watch and airpods so no android for me but thanks 

2 minutes ago, kappawarrior223007 said:

sorry yea i know about the pocophone it is just that i had really bad experience with xiaomi huawei and samsung so i tried apple and it has just been working for me now for 3+ years and i kinda wanna keep my phone for like 3-4 years i dont know like every android i had went to shits in a bout a year plus i am kinda in the ecosystem with apple watch and airpods so no android for me but thanks 

Oh yeah I read it as a oneplus 7 by accident my bad. Android will hopefully finally get their software support in order with android 11 and google basically forcing 3 years of support out of anyone using android now :p. All the manufacturers are not happy about it but good thing on google for finally doing it. Then with 12 go even further by forcing 3 years and more standardized modules which is meant to lead to far longer security updates.

Either way depending in what you prefer the 11 or 12. If on a budget a refurbished 10 may be nice or if you want something small the new se on sale isn't that bad.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah I read it as a oneplus 7 by accident my bad. Android will hopefully finally get their software support in order with android 11 and google basically forcing 3 years of support out of anyone using android now :p. All the manufacturers are not happy about it but good thing on google for finally doing it. Then with 12 go even further by forcing 3 years and more standardized modules which is meant to lead to far longer security updates.

Either way depending in what you prefer the 11 or 12. If on a budget a refurbished 10 may be nice or if you want something small the new se on sale isn't that bad.

yea i feel liike i am gonna go for the 12 or some barely used 11 if the price is fair 

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find an XS Max certified preowned or new its a great phone, and its size shouldn't bother you if you are used to a big phone. 6.5 inch screen is nice. I got a 256 Space Gray certified preowned for like 648 usd about 10 months ago. The battery is still 100%, and I get about 12-14 hours SOT on average, I try not to let it go under 30%. I bought my wife the new SE2, its a decent phone, but the battery life is a bit disappointing.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's