RX550 compatibility issue with mobo?

I upgraded an old lenovo ThinkCentre M81 computer running windows 7 by adding an RX550 to it but while the card is connected is seems like the computer wont boot?

When the computer is started whilst the RX550 is connected it will turn on and the gpu's fans will turn but no signal will reach my monitors even if I also connect a different monitor to the mobo and my keyboard and mouse stay unpowered.

I have verified that the card works fine by testing it in on a different computer, I also know that the pcie slot, monitors, wires and slots on the gpu work after testing.

From what I understand my mobo has a PCI Express x16 1.0 and the RX550 has a PCI Express X16 3.0 and although I have heard that PCIE is supposed to be backward compatible I have also heard of other people having gpu issues due to using different PCIE who had to change their PCIE frequency in their bios.

I believe the issue comes from incompatibility between my motherboard and the RX550.

What I find odd is that I have built another computer using the same mobo that works jsut fine with a gtx 1050ti so I would have thought the RX550 would have worked just fine. (I also tried running the RX550 on the system running the 1050ti and had the same results)

Is there anything I could do to make the card work without having to change my mobo?