Is it ethical to sell a subpar AIB GPU?

MythicalSnake

Is it ethical to sell a subpar AIB GPU?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ethical to sell a subpar AIB GPU?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Yes it is!!!

If there is a problem with the card and you're selling it second-hand then not describing the problem could be illegal, at least where I come from. Granted that mostly applies when something has subsequently developed a fault, but I think the same ethics apply if it was no good to begin with.

In addition, by describing it, then you deter buyers who would otherwise purchase it and then return it finding it was not to their liking. At least, that's the theory.

This comment comes across to me as rather arrogant, for a question which is a matter of opinion.

As if you know best, your opinion is the correct answer, and anyone who disagrees with you must be wrong because you can't possibly be.

Can you read? There’s nothing “wrong” with the card. It’s just a cheap/poorly designed model. Like I said, it’s the buyer’s responsibilities to read reviews for said model. The user did not damage the card or get a defective one. It works up to spec. Only arrogance here is you thinking it’s the second hand seller’s job to do a product review for you before you decide to buy it.

Should GPU manufacturers be forced to say “WARNING: THIS CARD IS LOUDER AND RUNS HOTTER THAN THIS OTHER GPU HERE”

No, that’s stupid. It works and isn’t defective you just have to not be a stupid buyer and read up on what you’re buying. This is why it’s also stupid for there to be any divide between this decision. Probably due to people like you not bothering to read the thread! I have a cheap RX 5700 that runs very hot and very loud. I intend to sell it without saying this in the description. You know why? Because it’s not my job, all models of this card are like this. I’m not hiding anything. The buyer needs to do research on what theyre buying and realize that cheaper things have caveats. 

Please read before skipping to a random comment and getting worked up about it because you can’t be bothered to read the thread.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, pythonmegapixel said:

If someone knows exactly what they are getting, and still willingly pays for it, then how could that be unethical?

Ironic how you can say this but still somehow disagree with me. Seller states model of card theyre selling. Boom, buyer knows what they are getting and paying for. Nothing more needs to be said. My point proven thanks to you