Why is my laptop screen keep on changing brightness on battery?

K3nobi

Laptop details-

Model: Asus tRaNsfOrmEr Book T100Chi

CPU: Intel Atom Z3775 (4c4t, 2.25Ghz sustained boost, at least in my experience)

RAM: 2GB

On battery, my laptop keep on changing it's brightness depending on content on screen.

For example, watching YouTube in dark mode looks a bit bad on battery, turn on power, then it actually looks not bad

I have tried these 2 method, both of which didn't bloody work cause the option isn't there

Method 1: Display settings in settings, there is no box for Adaptive brightness to be tick off

image.thumb.png.83b7fe2865245358eac81b89e6b0ca8c.png

Method 2: Changing it in power plan, the option is also not bloody in there

image.png.a77aa516beb92c0000c29911099f8f13.png

Now 1 could say that "OP, why don't you just run your laptop from the wall all the time?"

Well 1, I don't feel comfortable doing that to my battery, even though this laptop and the battery has probably wear out a lot, but still tho

No 2, Sometimes I need this laptop to be mobile, even though most of the time it's on my desk, attending online class, with the power outlet right next to me

(Oh yeah while attending online class via Google Meet, the CPU is pretty much pegged above 90% all the time, even when no one's camera is on, I just want to put this out there for you to know how's the performance of this very fast CPU)