JUST READ and tell me if im wrong

xCJ

games get more demanding over time right? i mean like the same game. for example fortnite 1 year ago i saw video where someone ran it on a 8gb ram dual channel 2400mhz and a ryzen 5 2400g at good stabel fps. but here in 2020 right now my pc is struggling to run it with even better specs, mine is a 3400g and 16gb dual channel ram @ 2400mhz

You sure you have the same graphics settings?

Edit: Take cooling into consideration as well

CODMW and Fortnite is KNOWN by (people who benchmark like 20 or more GPU's for their channel) that yes, it has got more demanding over time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, Berkomeister said:

You sure you have the same graphics settings?

his ram is at 3000mhz

I mean, you're not wrong - games definitely do get more demanding.

I think most online games that gets consistent updates also gets consistent higher hardware requirements.

The only exception is stand-alone single-player games or online games that no longer gets frequent updates.

So yeah, a computer that could run fortnite at 100 FPS a year ago, might not even be able to hit the sweet 60 FPS spot today... gotta upgrade i guess :( 

2 minutes ago, sebscott89 said:

I mean, you're not wrong - games definitely do get more demanding.

I think most online games that gets consistent updates also gets consistent higher hardware requirements.

The only exception is stand-alone single-player games or online games that no longer gets frequent updates.

So yeah, a computer that could run fortnite at 100 FPS a year ago, might not even be able to hit the sweet 60 FPS spot today... gotta upgrade i guess :( 

gotta upgrade? i literally just got my pc. guess i have to save up nnow for a gpu and figure out the fucking ram problem

2 minutes ago, xCJ said:

gotta upgrade? i literally just got my pc. guess i have to save up nnow for a gpu and figure out the fucking ram problem

oh wait really, whats your current GPU? o.0

Just now, sebscott89 said:

oh wait really, whats your current GPU? o.0

rx vega 11 

Just now, xCJ said:

rx vega 11 

if the ram ran at its specified speed i could have ran it but alas it doesnt

Just now, xCJ said:

rx vega 11 

Right, then the issue def shouldnt be that, is everything else in your PC proper? CPU, Ram etc. also are you using an SSD for games or not?

1 minute ago, xCJ said:

if the ram ran at its specified speed i could have ran it but alas it doesnt

ahhhh... isnt there like a software to tweak that though? im not exactly a tech guru when it comes to adjusting these things, just have techy friends who do it for me :) 

3 Days ago (Fortnite as it currently stands)

3400G + Vega 11 (2666 DDR4)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, xCJ said:

idk i tried everyhting

You tried completely removing your GPU & deleting/reinstalling drivers? that once did the trick for me

Just now, sebscott89 said:

You tried completely removing your GPU & deleting/reinstalling drivers? that once did the trick for me

i guess u dont really know much about pc :) but no ,i cant remove that gpu its integrated

12 minutes ago, xCJ said:

i guess u dont really know much about pc :) but no ,i cant remove that gpu its integrated

He just means Uninstalling Software and Drivers so its seen as a Basic Adapter at the low level... then reinstalling it all.

You are both right and wrong:

If the game gets updates then yes

If you mod the game with more recent mods then possibly yes

If the game is only patched or no updates or patches then no

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

-> Moved to PC Gaming

You are right and wrong. Software by itself doesn't get more demanding over time. However, games such as Fortnite receive constant updates. Which can mean more graphical content, bigger maps etc. which does effect on performance. So does GPU drivers as they are also updated to stay up for what those popular games demand. If you would be playing older title which doesn't receive large visual upgrades, you wouldn't have any issues.

Besides Fortnite, good example is World of Warcraft. The base game is from 2004. Hardly something that you would even consider stressing on modern system. Still, its been shown that latest addons demand more from system than what base game does.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Haven't they recently introduced ray tracing to Fortnite to take full advantage of the new 30 series from Nvidia?

Fortnite is definitely a better looking game than when it first launched, and it obviously has tons more players, with loads more in game content, so it's not surprising it's more demanding, is it?

It's good that they have been able to keep pace with new technology - though, clearly, making it run for as many people as possible is always preferable...if for no other reason than the increased profit margin. 

Isn't that the great thing about pc gaming - that you can get it to run it on high end rigs at 300-400fps on ultra, or on low for the pro players, and everything in between, including a way for those with ageing hardware to play?

The fact they get it to run at 60 on console with medium settings is further proof of the accessibility of the game and also highlights the potential headache of getting it to run on so many different platforms whilst offering a playable experience for each one of them, be it Switch, ps4/xbox one, or mobile, or pc.