RTX 2060 or RX 5600 XT

nomadZend

Hey everyone, newbie here.. I just got into computer building earlier this year when Covid took over everything. After loads of research, I built my first PC back in May. Wasn't anything special.. Didn't want to spend a lot only to mess it up, so I started small with a Ryzen 2600 and a RX 570. My girlfriend loves the PC because it finally plays her Sims 4 without minute long loading screens she used to deal with. I've very happy with the end product, but there's only one thing.. I have the itch to build again. 

Feeling more comfortable with it, I want to go a little bigger. I'm still trying to keep things on the cheaper side of things so I don't break the bank. I kind of have an idea where I want to go but the one thing that this just tearing me in half where I can't make a decision is the GPU.. I'm going to run with a Ryzen 3600 or 3600X and I've been torn between the RTX 2060 or the RX 5600 XT. I'm trying to keep it closer to $300 mark but I could stretch it a little. I was hoping that Prime Day would bring out some deals on GPUs, but not much luck on that.

So my question is.. Should I settle with a cheaper 5600 XT or stretch a little for a cheaper 2060?

5600xt is slightly better.

you could also do a $300 for a used 2070 / 2080?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I was trying to keep it new parts, but 2070 or 2080 for $300 would be hard to pass up. I may have to expand my options and not be picky. Lol

I don't think is the right time to buy a brand new GPU, save your money with a used, and wait the next 30 series and radeon response, that will drop prices down.

CPU: Intel I5-4670k 3.8 Ghz @4,2Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970
Ram: 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz
Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Storage: 240GB PNY SSD, 1.5TB WD 7200rpm
WC: Corsair H100i
Powersupply: Corsair RM750

Yeah, I know this really is not the best time to trying to do this.. After watching the flop of the 3090/3080 release, but I'm always worried about waiting and then not being able to find stock and having to wait even longer. I may need to look at the second hand market and see what I can find..

The torture is real.

10 hours ago, nomadZend said:

I may need to look at the second hand market and see what I can find..

I think the second hand market is becoming more compelling each year as I feel like we are really  starting to approach a plateau in current computer development. Until we get the new next grand technology each generation will see less and less improvement over the past.