Shipping Computers Overseas

Go to solution Solved by acidydragon,

Foam is your friend.

Pack as much foam as you can.

I would suggest removing the GPU as well.

Maybe the HDD's too if you're feeling super cautious.

If you have a tower air cooler, again, I might suggest removing that.

So either remove everything heavy, or pack lots of foam.

The video is a tad overkill for a non watercooled system, but it gets my idea across.

@Herot

Has anyone had any experience traveling overseas with their PCs?  Will be moving to New Zealand in a week and need to ship two identical PCs.

Looking for any helpful hints, will be going with a commercial moving company, but I'd prefer packaging them myself.

Pieces of note: Cooler Master HAF X, nVidia 680GTX, Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe, and BenQ XL2420T.

Thanks!

inside the case put those inflatable air bags and outside cover it with the included case plastic/papery cover then like 500 layers of bubble wrap in a box with those peanuts in its with the box written fragile over iit. if u want to go extreme you could take it apart and protect each part separately which would be even safer but allota work.(you can never be too carefull) hope i helped give you an idea  :)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Foam is your friend.

Pack as much foam as you can.

I would suggest removing the GPU as well.

Maybe the HDD's too if you're feeling super cautious.

If you have a tower air cooler, again, I might suggest removing that.

So either remove everything heavy, or pack lots of foam.

The video is a tad overkill for a non watercooled system, but it gets my idea across.

@Herot

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Also face your screen to the side of your case and put it in the box, that way it's protected.

Thanks for the help guys!  Lots of foam and bubble warp, and removing the GPU.

@acidydragon  Thanks for the video, definitely helped my thought process on the whole thing.

-snip-

Yep yep! Good luck :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME