Theres no option to boot to windows 10 after I installed Ubuntu

I attached a picture to my problem I cant figure it out Im kinda new with linux so this is my last resort

IMG_20201013_210016.jpg

Normally Ubuntu should automatically detect the existing Windows installation and add it as a boot option. Provided you didn't use the whole drive and nuked your Windows installation.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You have to partition, install windows then install Ubuntu.

Intel Core i7-13700F | ASUS Z690M PLUS D4 | 2x16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz CL16 | Zotac RTX 4070 Super 12GB | WD SN770 2TB SSD | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum | Fractal Focus G Mini Case | Alienware 27" 1440p 240Hz G-SYNC Ultimate | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers | Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Did you follow (more or less) these instructions?

https://opensource.com/article/18/5/dual-boot-linux

I had windows already installed. I downloaded Ubuntu and burned the iso with Rufus and it was ok for first half I could have gone to windows but not linux so I tried to do it again and went to youtube for a tutorial (maybe I did something wrong) and where it said like install beside windows or delete everything on the drive and install ubuntu (I have 2 drives 1 ssd (there are windows installed) and a hdd with ubuntu. So then Ubuntu ran fine it was all good but I wanted to go back to windows and went to boot menu my windows 10 option didnt show up I went to uefi (bios?) and tried to change the boot drive but my ssd wasnt showing up. I was like damm ssd broke? But then I went to  storage info and my ssd was showing up in pcie so I knew ssd didnt break or anything. I looked throu my ssd there are windows files on it  but nothing. I tried updating the grub but didnt help at all.

5 hours ago, SaldusKefyras said:

I had windows already installed. I downloaded Ubuntu and burned the iso with Rufus and it was ok for first half I could have gone to windows but not linux so I tried to do it again and went to youtube for a tutorial (maybe I did something wrong) and where it said like install beside windows or delete everything on the drive and install ubuntu (I have 2 drives 1 ssd (there are windows installed) and a hdd with ubuntu. So then Ubuntu ran fine it was all good but I wanted to go back to windows and went to boot menu my windows 10 option didnt show up I went to uefi (bios?) and tried to change the boot drive but my ssd wasnt showing up. I was like damm ssd broke? But then I went to  storage info and my ssd was showing up in pcie so I knew ssd didnt break or anything. I looked throu my ssd there are windows files on it  but nothing. I tried updating the grub but didnt help at all.

Yeah dual booting is a right pain in the butt.

I don't have an answer for you. Sounds like Grub wiped the boot option under Windows.

You *might* be able to fix that by using the Windows installer to fix the boot loader, but I can make no guarantees.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 10/13/2020 at 7:39 PM, SaldusKefyras said:

I tried updating the grub but didnt help at all.

If you haven't already done so, try making sure that "os-prober" is installed and then updating GRUB again.

When you installed Ubuntu, did it say "install alongside Windows"? Try selecting your drive with Windows from your UEFI boot options, or unplugging the drive with Ubuntu. If no go, write a Windows install drive and try to repair, that should rewrite the bootloader. If still no go, you may have nuked Windows and it's time for a reinstall. Do it without ANY OTHER drives attached than the one you intend to install on. 

Then, or if you could get to Windows on a previous step, back in Ubuntu, with all your drives connected:

sudo os-prober
sudo update-grub

Try your BIOS's boot selection.  It might show up there.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)