I have 2 SSD’s and want to remove one

Feasible157

So I have a 1tb ssd that I can’t get to work and a 240gb ssd that is my boot drive. I want to take out the 1tb ssd and put in a 2tb hdd I got but when I go to remove it, I find out that both my ssds are connected by half of their sata cable (ex: 8 pin connector, back four go to each other). This is really stressing me out because I don’t know what to do here.

1 minute ago, Feasible157 said:

I find out that both my ssds are connected by half of their sata cable (ex: 8 pin connector, back four go to each other). This is really stressing me out because I don’t know what to do here.

I think you're describing one SATA power cable that connects to both of them, because it has multiple heads.

unplugging one will not affect the other one at all.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Ok cool thanks, so how do I connect my new drive with power do I need to buy a new cable?

11 hours ago, Feasible157 said:

A186583A-BD53-4346-8C86-2163BCFCA259.jpeg

just unplug one, and if its not working use your warrenty, its thier for a reason, dont waist it because you paid for it!!!!