Water cooling components list complete, looking for feeback/suggestions.

Hey everyone, this is my some what finally parts list for my new build. I'm going to be working inside a 900D case, and if you would like to see the rest of my build I will link that post down below.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121302-4k-gaming-rig-and-water-cooling-looking-for-feed-back-updated-03914/page-2 at the bottom is the newest post to the build.

One thing I epsecially need help finding is a flow bridge to work with my GPU's which are EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified w/ Hydro Copper Cooler 3G 384BIT SLI Ready Graphics Card(2way SLI), thank you.

Watercooling Part List

Rads:

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm x 2

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm x 1

Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-240mm x 1

Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-120mm x 1(Optional)

Reso:

Phobya-Balancer-150-Gold-plated x 1

CPU Waterblock:

Koolance CPU-380I Water Block x 1

Pump:

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump x 1

Tubing:

PrimoChill PRIMOFLEX Advanced LRT.

Fittings

Koolance Single 3/8" (10mm) ID, 5/8" (16mm) OD, G 1/4 BSPP threaded fitting x 20

Coolant

Distilled water, with a silver kill coil.

I would drop the 360mm and 120mm rad

1. because you dont need it

2. its going to be a pain to put in

3. it will be cramped.

I would drop the 360mm and 120mm rad

1. because you dont need it

2. its going to be a pain to put in

3. it will be cramped.

Ok, that does make sense, I'm just sort of using all the other 900D builds that I have seen as reference and took my best educated guess at what I saw. So run:

480mm x 2

240mm x 1?

Ok, that does make sense, I'm just sort of using all the other 900D builds that I have seen as reference and took my best educated guess at what I saw. So run:

480mm x 2

240mm x 1?

Yea that will be plenty for what you plan on cooling.

Yea that will be plenty for what you plan on cooling.

Alright, thank you very much. How does everything else look in the build, anything you would suggest swapping or upgrading too?. I was also wondering if you know of any good SLI flow bridges that I can use for my 2 way SLI gpu cooling.

Alright, thank you very much. How does everything else look in the build, anything you would suggest swapping or upgrading too?. I was also wondering if you know of any good SLI flow bridges that I can use for my 2 way SLI gpu cooling.

If you ended up going with the 4770k build it looks great but I would get the Formula instead of the Extreme. I'd also go for a 840 Evo SSD instead. 

I would put 3 x 420mm and put a 280mm radiator as optional instead of the 480 and 360 radiators and drop the 120. I would also, use monsoon's silver bullets in the loop in different places as they work better than silver coils IMO. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

If you ended up going with the 4770k build it looks great but I would get the Formula instead of the Extreme. I'd also go for a 840 Evo SSD instead.

Ya, the build at the end of the page of the post I linked above is the one that I'm going with. I heard a lot of mixed messages about the formula board, but I was worried about the aluminum in the cooling, this is the first time I'm going to be building a custom loop, and wanted to try and stick with a full copper/brass setup. I guess I'm just worried about the mixing metals, and end up causing damage to my system/parts. The same thing with the evo, It was my first choice but I've heard and read mix reviews about it, and apperently they don't provide a warranty in Canada? I'm not sure if this true or not, just something I read in a few different places.

I would put 3 x 420mm and put a 280mm radiator as optional instead of the 480 and 360 radiators and drop the 120. I would also, use monsoon's silver bullets in the loop in different places as they work better than silver coils IMO.

I'm not sure if Alphacool makes their XT45's in 420mm, I will have to take a another look. I was thinking of doing a 480 in the top, one in the basement on the side, and a 360 on the other side of the basement. I haven't heard of those, do you have a link to where I could pick them up or take a look.

Ya, the build at the end of the page of the post I linked above is the one that I'm going with. I heard a lot of mixed messages about the formula board, but I was worried about the aluminum in the cooling, this is the first time I'm going to be building a custom loop, and wanted to try and stick with a full copper/brass setup. I guess I'm just worried about the mixing metals, and end up causing damage to my system/parts. The same thing with the evo, It was my first choice but I've heard and read mix reviews about it, and apperently they don't provide a warranty in Canada? I'm not sure if this true or not, just something I read in a few different places.

I'm not sure if Alphacool makes their XT45's in 420mm, I will have to take a another look. I was thinking of doing a 480 in the top, one in the basement on the side, and a 360 on the other side of the basement. I haven't heard of those, do you have a link to where I could pick them up or take a look.

1. You don't have to use the blocks on the Formula

2. In my opinion and most people agree the Formula looks nicer

3. Yes they offer warrenty in Canada 

4. Evo is a very good SSD you shouldn't worry about that

5. Alphacool does make a XT45 420mm

6. Stick with a 480 in the bottom and a 480 up top

7. You can't fit a 360 and 480mm in the basement

8. You could adda 240mm into the basement but cabling,pump, tubing makes it difficult

Ithink I covered everything :) I used alist just for simplicity and I don't feel like typing an essay up.

8. You could adda 240mm into the basement but cabling,pump, tubing makes it difficult

Ithink I covered everything :) I used alist just for simplicity and I don't feel like typing an essay up.

7. you can fit a 480 and 360 in the basement. provided you are not using a PSU

longer than 160mm (AX850-sized)

time marker at 3:07 with description

8. the radiators sit up from the floor about 20mm so a lot of extra wiring/tubing can

be tucked underneath the radiators.

8. the radiators sit up from the floor about 20mm so a lot of extra wiring/tubing can

Well if you want your pump in the bottom, a modular PSU with lots of cables etc it becomes very difficult and will be cluttered. Not saying it's impossible just not recommended.

1. You don't have to use the blocks on the Formula

2. In my opinion and most people agree the Formula looks nicer

3. Yes they offer warrenty in Canada 

4. Evo is a very good SSD you shouldn't worry about that

5. Alphacool does make a XT45 420mm

6. Stick with a 480 in the bottom and a 480 up top

If I don't use the blocks, does the crosschill section provide any additional beneifits?. I like the OC Panel that comes with the Extreme, and feel like I would get some great use out of it. Alright, well that is awesome that they do in fact offer warranty in Canada, I will subsitute that in for my 530. Nice, I just wasn't sure because I hadn't checked yet, but I guess you save me some time =P. So, would it wise to setup the my 480 and 240 in the basement the same way that Jay has them?. I guess I will have to work it all out when I get the pieces. Thank you very much for your help thus far, it is tremendously appreciated.

time marker at 3:07 with description

Sadly my PSU is larger than that, I am using a Corsair RM1000. Thank you for the very helpful video, I watch Jay a lot but have never seen that one. I think I will follow what ExconHD said, and try to do it with a 480 x 2 and a 240. Put one 480 in the top then setup the other 480 and 240 in the basement the same way Jay has it.

If I don't use the blocks, does the crosschill section provide any additional beneifits?. I like the OC Panel that comes with the Extreme, and feel like I would get some great use out of it. Alright, well that is awesome that they do in fact offer warranty in Canada, I will subsitute that in for my 530. Nice, I just wasn't sure because I hadn't checked yet, but I guess you save me some time =P. So, would it wise to setup the my 480 and 240 in the basement the same way that Jay has them?. I guess I will have to work it all out when I get the pieces. Thank you very much for your help thus far, it is tremendously appreciated.

The crosschill thing wont matter. I honestly think you won't get much use of the Oc Panel its gimmicky for the average person and only useful for extreme overclocks well past 5Ghz.

Sadly my PSU is larger than that, I am using a Corsair RM1000. Thank you for the very helpful video, I watch Jay a lot but have never seen that one. I think I will follow what ExconHD said, and try to do it with a 480 x 2 and a 240. Put one 480 in the top then setup the other 480 and 240 in the basement the same way Jay has it.

If you wanted to save more money, you could skip out on the 240 if you wanted to.    Have you thought about 60mm thick rads? They easily fit in a 900D.

I have 2 60mm thick 480mm rads, and under load in Battlefield 4 with my fans at about 75%, my temps for the CPU at 4.8 ghz are ~55C, and both gpu's range from 40-43c and that's at 1.46v for the cpu, and 1.325v for both graphics cards.   (Keep in mind that's with a 6 core using 200+ watts under load and 2 gpu's using well over 300 each)

You could easily get away with 2 480's if you wanted to get a bigger SSD or something like a better monitor or something? 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The crosschill thing wont matter. I honestly think you won't get much use of the Oc Panel its gimmicky for the average person and only useful for extreme overclocks well past 5Ghz.

That's fair, I just wasn't sure if it provided anything else that I didn't know about. Should I just pick up a fan controller instead or something else that is similar but would still have some use for overclocking purposes.

If you wanted to save more money, you could skip out on the 240 if you wanted to. Have you thought about 60mm thick rads? They easily fit in a 900D.

I have 2 60mm thick 480mm rads, and under load in Battlefield 4 with my fans at about 75%, my temps for the CPU at 4.8 ghz are ~55C, and both gpu's range from 40-43c and that's at 1.46v for the cpu, and 1.325v for both graphics cards. (Keep in mind that's with a 6 core using 200+ watts under load and 2 gpu's using well over 300 each)

You could easily get away with 2 480's if you wanted to get a bigger SSD or something like a better monitor or something?

I was actually just looking at your build log, very nice system dude. I have not given them much consideration but will take a gander now that I have seen your setup and spoke of them; which ones(brand) are you using?. Those are very nice temps for what you're putting them under, I'm defenitly interested in 60mm rads. Ya, that is always a though, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, not sure if you got it, but since you helped me greatly with my orginial build post, I just wanted to see what you though of it in it's current state. I was just wondering, I'm trying very hard to find a good SLI flow bridge, I see your using one with your GPU's, by chance would I be able to know what you're using?.

I was actually just looking at your build log, very nice system dude. I have not given them much consideration but will take a gander now that I have seen your setup and spoke of them; which ones(brand) are you using?. Those are very nice temps for what you're putting them under, I'm defenitly interested in 60mm rads. Ya, that is always a though, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, not sure if you got it, but since you helped me greatly with my orginial build post, I just wanted to see what you though of it in it's current state. I was just wondering, I'm trying very hard to find a good SLI flow bridge, I see your using one with your GPU's, by chance would I be able to know what you're using?.

They're "Phobya G Changer v.2"  

And what you said about the fan controller, yeah that'd be a good addition.

I'll get you the link for the sli flow bridge gimme a sec :P

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_766&products_id=34773

Also ty for the compliment on my build, although the blue theme with my rampage iv looks poopy.  I'm working on getting red coolant with new cables that are black+grey+red.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just follow what @Lays says, we're in TS together any ways so we will just say the exact same thing xD

They're "Phobya G Changer v.2"

And what you said about the fan controller, yeah that'd be a good addition.

I'll get you the link for the sli flow bridge gimme a sec :P

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_766&products_id=34773

Also ty for the compliment on my build, although the blue theme with my rampage iv looks poopy. I'm working on getting red coolant with new cables that are black+grey+red.

Alright, I will defenitly take a look into them, thank you. Do you have any suggestions for a fan controller, it seems we are using the same fans, so if you have any suggestions I'm open to anything. Thank you very much, I'm been trying really hard to find something decent in terms of an SLI flow bridge, a lot of them look very big and blocky. You're welcome, and hadn't really though about using a coloured coolant, as I'm a very OCD person, and would always worry that it gunking up the system, etc.

Just follow what @Lays says, we're in TS together any ways so we will just say the exact same thing xD

Right on haha, I can't thank you both enough for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

Alright, I will defenitly take a look into them, thank you. Do you have any suggestions for a fan controller, it seems we are using the same fans, so if you have any suggestions I'm open to anything. Thank you very much, I'm been trying really hard to find something decent in terms of an SLI flow bridge, a lot of them look very big and blocky. You're welcome, and hadn't really though about using a coloured coolant, as I'm a very OCD person, and would always worry that it gunking up the system, etc.

The majority of the time I believe the inside of the tube ends up "disagreeing" with the coolant, and it's the plasticizer that gunks up stuff, not so much the coolant itself, more of a chain reaction type of thing.

I think it's ok if you flush every 6-8 months.  I'll probably flush it every 4-6 just to make sure it's always good and fresh.

I'm using a g-vans tactus currently, it does a zillion different things, quite nice and looks nice too.

Link:

(there's different color options on the LED btw, you just push a button)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_48&products_id=37478

XT45 tripple 140mm radiator.....http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16830/ex-rad-431/Alphacool_NexXxoS_XT45_Full_Copper_Triple_140mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s931

XT45 Quad 140mm radiator......http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16831/ex-rad-432/Alphacool_NexXxoS_XT45_Full_Copper_Quad_140mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s1148

If you have the space in the basement i would use either one as you would get a huge difference over the tripple 120mm or quad 120mm radiators.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

XT45 tripple 140mm radiator.....http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16830/ex-rad-431/Alphacool_NexXxoS_XT45_Full_Copper_Triple_140mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s931

XT45 Quad 140mm radiator......http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16831/ex-rad-432/Alphacool_NexXxoS_XT45_Full_Copper_Quad_140mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s1148

If you have the space in the basement i would use either one as you would get a huge difference over the tripple 120mm or quad 120mm radiators.

Well I wanted to use Scythe Gentle Typhoons, but they do not make them for 140mm rads, so I don't really know of any 140mm fans that I would really even want to use other than Noctua's. How much of a difference do you you think it would be, considering I would have spend more money on the larger size rads, and fans.

The majority of the time I believe the inside of the tube ends up "disagreeing" with the coolant, and it's the plasticizer that gunks up stuff, not so much the coolant itself, more of a chain reaction type of thing.

I think it's ok if you flush every 6-8 months.  I'll probably flush it every 4-6 just to make sure it's always good and fresh.

I'm using a g-vans tactus currently, it does a zillion different things, quite nice and looks nice too.

Link:

(there's different color options on the LED btw, you just push a button)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_48&products_id=37478

Ya, which is something I would rather just coloured tubing rather and a coloured coolant, but to each it's own. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the coloured coolant's are amazing to look at and see them running, I'm just very nervous and OCD to try one haha. Thank you very much, I'm defenitly going to pick one up, I think I saw on these on Jayztwocents channel as well, but lost the name of the video. How do you have it setup with your rads?.

Ya, which is something I would rather just coloured tubing rather and a coloured coolant, but to each it's own. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the coloured coolant's are amazing to look at and see them running, I'm just very nervous and OCD to try one haha. Thank you very much, I'm defenitly going to pick one up, I think I saw on these on Jayztwocents channel as well, but lost the name of the video. How do you have it setup with your rads?.

I have 2 fans per channel, taking up 4 of the 6 channels, then I have my 140mm exhaust fan on channel 5, and my 2 LED strips from icemodz on channel 6