HELP Please !! ANYONE, EVERYONE ?

15 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

okay, let's start by fixing some of this build, 

- WoW is CPU ghz limited and not very well optimized for threads so the TR3960X will not be great for that use case.

https://rk.edu.pl/en/analyzing-world-warcraft-multi-core-scaling/

after 6 cores the CPU utilization flatlines so find a high clockspeed CPU (typically Xeon) to gain more fps

- TRX40 Designare has 4 of the 16x pcie slots so your 5 gpu (4x titan and a 1080) setup will not fit. Great motherboard, no space for more than 4 cards. 

- 4x32GB kit will be larger but slower than a higher speed 64gb set so go with 2 sets of corsair vengeance 2x16gb 5000mhz RAM with the cooling fan for each. 

- 4 titan XP will not scale into WoW, a pair of Titan RTX will be around the same price and net you much much higher gains, a pair of 2080ti's will have a higher uplift compared to another 4x titans 

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Titan-Xp-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/m265423vs4027

- best option is a pair of 3090s in Nvlink for approximately 2x gains over 4x titan XPs even at 8k

- 1500W psu is plenty based on the hardware you want will not be maxed at all.

- SSD as an add-in card Raid-0 will outrun any pci-e gen4 ssd, ideally an Asus Hyper M.2 with 4x Samsung 970 evo plus's

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor $629.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $189.99 @ Best Buy
Motherboard MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE EATX LGA1200 Motherboard $719.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4133 CL19 Memory $509.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4133 CL19 Memory $509.99 @ Amazon
Storage Intel Optane 905P Series 960 GB PCI-E NVME Solid State Drive $1312.36 @ Walmart
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $349.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $349.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) $1799.00
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) $1799.00
Case Corsair 1000D ATX Full Tower Case $534.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1500 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $418.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $139.88 @ Other World Computing
Case Fan Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack $79.99 @ Best Buy
Case Fan Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack $79.99 @ Best Buy
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $10124.10
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-11 20:51 EDT-0400  

this is a more fps optimized build so you still have a monster system but it will absolutely run circles around a quad titan xp rig

HELLO SIR !!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to answer some of my questions.

I will answer yours in return...

I'm actually not just running one WOW account but 2, one on my main screen and a 2nd on a 30" above my main screen. I also listen to music and will be steaming come the release of Shadowlands (next wow xpac). AS well as a bunch of other stuff at the same time... I went from an intel 6core 3930k to my first gen 12core threadripper and saw all sorts of speed increases. One of the reasons why I went 24 core was because I got a GREAT deal from a guy in Calgary ($1500). I also like the idea of doubling of my cpu cores... I know I can turn off half of them from an increase in speed too...if I need to...

My gigabyte MB has 4 slots and a 1/2 slot for a Titan Thunderbolt 3 card which will run an egpu with my 1080 in it... or I might be able to fit it in the corsair 1000d (there is an extra slot which is vertical. That is one of the other problems I will deal with after I figure out how to cool my 4 titan xp's 

I need 128gb of Ram to put WOW on a DIMMDRIVE, 64 wasnt enough...also got a great deal on kijiji ($400 for it all)

as for the 4 titan xp's in wow... In DX 12 it wont work but WOW lets you run DX 11 and I can show you my Video card LOAD and SLI indicator... they work my friend :)

As for the 3090's, I just couldnt afford them. If I told you how much I get a month you wouldn't believe me... I would have to save for like another 6 months... who knows down the road I might but Christmas is coming and I'm a single parent to two teen boys... AND damn it they've been great so I cant get a couple of lumps of coal this year.

Thank you for the info on the power supply, I've been a little worried about that.

as for the nvme drives ... I want to go 2 gen4 in a raid 0... the ram, video and (2) of the nvme ports go right to the cpu without going through the north or southside bridges.. I just wanna see if it makes a difference...

Please if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer :)

Thank you again for taking the time to reply... with intelligent questions and not "he's a troll" bs

15 hours ago, Tamesh16 said:

This is downscaling which can be good, makes the image abit sharper but you might not notice, however the reason many people are recommending two cards max, is because SLI support for 4 cards is almost unheard of, back when 4 in sli existed and some people would run it, it wouldnt even give any sizable benefit, much less now, when 2 cards running sli for games are very rare because more card usually meant more screen tearing

so persons are just trying to save you the expense, unless you dont really care about wasting the money for maybe a few frames, then sure go ahead 

Hello, 

I was actually trying to get the best performance increase for the money I have. I had 2 titan xp's already so getting 2 more only cost me about $1400 less then scalpers are charging for a 3080's. There are a bunch of video's on youtube with a guy doing 3sli vs 4sli... its kinda interesting...

but again that's all I could afford... I'm not rich just insane...

15 hours ago, jtmoseley said:

Resolution scale doesn't make it look like 8k. Especially on a less than 4k monitor. 3840x2160 is 4k, you have 3840x1600. Resolution scale is a dumb way to make games look better. It really doesn't do much aside from tanking performance.

You'd be better off getting a 3090 and running it in real 8k on a real 8k monitor.

Well sir, I call tell you that I can see the difference with the 200% scaleing, I have bad eyes and it makes the game clearer for me, like nameplates from a distance I can read much better... and a real 8k screen is like $5000 ... I'm poor

15 hours ago, itswillum said:

read every word :)

ty sir.

2 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Hello, 

I was actually trying to get the best performance increase for the money I have. I had 2 titan xp's already so getting 2 more only cost me about $1400 less then scalpers are charging for a 3080's. There are a bunch of video's on youtube with a guy doing 3sli vs 4sli... its kinda interesting...

but again that's all I could afford... I'm not rich just insane...

Build a far simpler Rig that is actually suitable for Gaming. This can be done for only a mere~$2,000 to ~$3,000. You don't need a Titan XP, the RTX 3080 will do for 4K.

4 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Well sir, I call tell you that I can see the difference with the 200% scaleing, I have bad eyes and it makes the game clearer for me, like nameplates from a distance I can read much better... and a real 8k screen is like $5000 ... I'm poor

If you're poor, you should not be spending your money on a 4x SLI setup. 2 thousand dollars would be more than enough in a rig especially for WOW.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

4 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

And yet you are going to spend ~$20,000? How are you poor then?

Just now, jtmoseley said:

If you're poor, you should not be spending your money on a 4x SLI setup. 

Thanks DAD.

Pandemic... Live in Ottawa... not going outside... new World of Warcraft expansion coming... should I have bought a boat instead? :P

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Build a far simpler Rig that is actually suitable for Gaming. This can be done for only a mere~$2,000 to ~$3,000. You don't need a Titan XP, the RTX 3080 will do for 4K.

No doubt... I went full blown OCD, I admit this was a bad bad idea... but what's done is done...

But even one 3080 is over $1000 how are u building the rest for $1000 or $2000 more ? 

1 minute ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

No doubt... I went full blown OCD, I admit this was a bad bad idea... but what's done is done...

But even one 3080 is over $1000 how are u building the rest for $1000 or $2000 more ? 

I'll have to spec a build but for 2 grand I'm sure I could. Or just downgrade to a 3070. Keep in mind, ~$2,000 will get a rather nice Computer for gaming.

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

And yet you are going to spend ~$20,000? How are you poor then?

I'm poor after spending all my money on this computer ROFL.

I'm gonna write out all the things I bought and how much I paid...I didn't pay $20000+ the retail is $20000+ 

roughly 

cpu 1500 (Got in May)

mb 1000 (Got in June)

monitor 1850 (Got in July)

ram 400 (Got in Aug)

cooler 200 (Got in Sept)

case 700 (Got In Oct)

video cards $1200 for the first one (2 years ago) 

$1000 for the 2nd                            (1 year ago)

$700 for the 3rd and                        (Got in Sept)

$650 for the 4th                               (Got in Oct.)

I'm on limited income... but plan really well

2 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

I'm poor after spending all my money on this computer ROFL.

I'm gonna write out all the things I bought and how much I paid...I didn't pay $20000+ the retail is $20000+ 

You are not planning very well if spending that much money for a single computer that isn't even a proper system for gaming at all.

2 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I'll have to spec a build but for 2 grand I'm sure I could. Or just downgrade to a 3070. Keep in mind, ~$2,000 will get a rather nice Computer for gaming.

really eh?

on a completely unrelated note, anyone wanna buy a 24core 3rd gen threadripper for $2000? (kidding not selling)

I'm curious what I could get for $2000? I bought my youngest son a pc last year off kijiji for $1650 and it was pretty good...i7 9700k 2070 16gb 500gb nvme and a chair :) but all he does is play roblox ./slashwrists

Just now, Mark MacDiarmid said:

really eh?

on a completely unrelated note, anyone wanna buy a 24core 3rd gen threadripper for $2000? (kidding not selling)

I'm curious what I could get for $2000? I bought my youngest son a pc last year off kijiji for $1650 and it was pretty good...i7 9700k 2070 16gb 500gb nvme and a chair :) but all he does is play roblox ./slashwrists

That PC is still really good with no need for a replacement. What you Hell do you need a 24 core Processor for anyway?

You are not planning very well if spending that much money for a single computer that isn't even a proper system for gaming at all.

"...isn't even a proper system for gaming at all" 

now now lets not be unkind...I think we shall have a ton of fun gaming on it for years to come. And unless you can answer any questions that I have I don't give a hoot what some moronic random poster has to say.

Thanks for your time...

L2P

16 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

with intelligent questions and not "he's a troll" bs

I was a bit skeptical, we don't get many $10k+ rig questions on here. it's a bit of a unicorn build to be honest. 

to get into the liquid cooling titan questions

https://www.amazon.ca/EKWB-EK-FC-GeForce-Waterblock-Nickel/dp/B071ZGLFT2

these will get you started, ideally hardline between each card to prevent sag and soft tubing to the radiators and CPU

if you don't have parts yet 2x480mm radiators in the front will be plenty for all the Titans, maybe add a 360mm in the top for the CPU and some extra headroom for longer sessions. 

to simplify things it's easier to go with a full EKWB system with the CPU, pump/res and radiators based on their recommendations. It will be better to stick with one manufacturer and definitely contact their support instead of following our recommendations. This forum is great for average user stuff, as you are firmly in the higher end market they will have much more experienced techs. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 minute ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I was a bit skeptical, we don't get many $10k+ rig questions on here. it's a bit of a unicorn build to be honest. 

to get into the liquid cooling titan questions

https://www.amazon.ca/EKWB-EK-FC-GeForce-Waterblock-Nickel/dp/B071ZGLFT2

these will get you started, ideally hardline between each card to prevent sag and soft tubing to the radiators and CPU

if you don't have parts yet 2x480mm radiators in the front will be plenty for all the Titans, maybe add a 360mm in the top for the CPU and some extra headroom for longer sessions. 

to simplify things it's easier to go with a full EKWB system with the CPU, pump/res and radiators based on their recommendations. It will be better to stick with one manufacturer and definitely contact their support instead of following our recommendations. This forum is great for average user stuff, as you are firmly in the higher end market they will have much more experienced techs. 

Dude you rock !!!

Thanks !!!

Gonna check it out... 

I have a Enermax liquid tech 2 360 for my cpu already... I know it can fit into the top of the corsair 1000D

I wanted to get (4) 360's for the gpu with them sticking out of the case 1/3 of the way... not sure if its gonna work... 

I'm looking to extreme cool the gpu's do u think 2x480mm res would be enough ? ... to say overclock and keep at like 40-50degrees ?

The guy I'm buying my 4th card from (ebay) showed me on facebook chat his card running at 55 degrees with a 280mm rad and it was crazy overclocked...

I want even more cooling then he had... that's why I was thinking (4) 360mm's one for each card...

There is a LAND CALLED OVERKILL ... I AM IT'S PRIME MINISTER

5 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

"...isn't even a proper system for gaming at all" 

now now lets not be unkind...I think we shall have a ton of fun gaming on it for years to come. And unless you can answer any questions that I have I don't give a hoot what some moronic random poster has to say.

Thanks for your time...

L2P

Did you even do research on how to build a Gaming PC at all? I mean a Threadripper?

Did you even do research on how to build a Gaming PC at all? I mean a Threadripper?

Do you even game ?

I've been a gamer for over 30 years... we shall see if our Threadripper is up to the challange...

Our 1st gen 12 core seems to be rockin already... AND its NOT really a gaming CPU... But the 3rd gen is much better... 

ALSO I wanted to see the difference between our 6 core our 12 core and now our 24 core computers....

ALSO I wanted the quad channel memory in the "threadripper" line 

I mess around with my PC performance, using programs like Dimmdrive, MSI afterburner, ClockTuner and overclocking to the max. 

I play games to play my games...

Once I get around to building it.. then I can post some live numbers...

One of the main reasons why people say Threadrippers arnt for gaming is because they are so expensive... I could have bought a pc for the price of JUST my CPU... but I dont give a hoot.. I wanted it for my son and I got it.

nuff said

6 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Do you even game ?

I've been a gamer for over 30 years... we shall see if our Threadripper is up to the challange...

Our 1st gen 12 core seems to be rockin already... AND its NOT really a gaming CPU... But the 3rd gen is much better... 

ALSO I wanted to see the difference between our 6 core our 12 core and now our 24 core computers....

ALSO I wanted the quad channel memory in the "threadripper" line 

I mess around with my PC performance, using programs like Dimmdrive, MSI afterburner, ClockTuner and overclocking to the max. 

I play games to play my games...

Once I get around to building it.. then I can post some live numbers...

One of the main reasons why people say Threadrippers arnt for gaming is because they are so expensive... I could have bought a pc for the price of JUST my CPU... but I dont give a hoot.. I wanted it for my son and I got it.

nuff said

Current 6 and 8 core CPUs are the Proper Processors for PC Games. Those will give the best performance for what they cost. As far as memory, 16GB Dual Channel is all you need for that purpose.

The main reason people say that Threadrippers are not for gaming is because they aren't. Games can't even use or take advantage of them.

A DIMMDrive, really? Not needed at all. Like I said, a PCIe x4 will be cheaper with nary any difference. For that matter, a bog standard SATA SSD will be more suited for this usage.

57 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

The guy I'm buying my 4th card from (ebay) showed me on facebook chat his card running at 55 degrees with a 280mm rad and it was crazy overclocked...

I want even more cooling then he had... that's why I was thinking (4) 360mm's one for each card...

So there's major diminishing returns from adding more radiators. The smaller the difference in temperature between the air and the fluid in the loop will lower the efficiency of the cooling system, more radiators doesn't mean cooler temps after you get to a certain difference in temperature. 

2x480mm is definitely going to be more than enough for the cards, there's a lot of other factors that you can tune to get better temps as well. Flow rate through the loop to add dwell time for the air to do its job transferring heat from the rad fins, gpu block mounting and thermal paste watts/m*Kelvin, thermal pads for ram and power delivery cooling. Lots to tune. 

There's also the overclock to take into account, the gpus will all run at the overclocked frequency of the slowest card so even if some can go further they won't go any faster to stay synced. 

Rough math is 150watts of cooling per 120mm of radiator so you are conservatively in the 1200watts of cooling range just for the cards. 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

SLI is dead

SLI civilian grade is dead, there are plenty of quatros and titans running NvLink and software links to leverage the extra gpu horsepower. Once 8k becomes mainstream (in like 5-10 years) and the processes stop having large enough gains in performance or require exotic materials to cool properly SLI in some form will make a comeback. look at AMD's chips 4 CCXs is just processor SLI to increase production value. We'll see this either within chips or as multi chip cards again sooner or later. 

3 hours ago, jtmoseley said:

If you're really feeling ballsy get an sli 3090 setup.

3 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

For those talking about RTX 3090 SLI please note that it only supports 14 games. It is NOT the same SLI we've had before.

I would not recommend 3090 SLI to anyone no matter how much money you had. Unless you really really care about those few games or you are a hardcore benchmarker.

5 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

I would not recommend 3090 SLI to anyone no matter how much money you had. Unless you really really care about those few games or you are a hardcore benchmarker.

that's current support not future support. Most systems won't ever need SLI or could utilize SLI but "fastest gaming computer you can buy" means SLI for games you can run it on and single card for all the rest. 

and at 98% scaling on some games, if developers wanted to support it when the next gen games come out it will be epically good

39 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

that's current support not future support. Most systems won't ever need SLI or could utilize SLI but "fastest gaming computer you can buy" means SLI for games you can run it on and single card for all the rest. 

and at 98% scaling on some games, if developers wanted to support it when the next gen games come out it will be epically good

There is little chance any developer is going to spend time and money on a feature that only benefits those with $3000 video cards. Especially when most games are console ports.

And I say this as someone who always defended SLI whenever anyone said no good games support it. That wasn't true in my experience until now. 

I've had SLI with 680, 980, and 1080 Ti. I was planning to do it with 3090 too until I saw that post from Nvidia.

35 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Heck, remember when DX12 came out and we were supposed to be able to do odd hybrid combos for multi-gpu?   The reason that never happened is because devs never added it from what I remember.

It is incredibly difficult to develop for and would only benefit a few people. Even 3dmark said they weren't going to waste their time with it.

6 hours ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

res (7680x3200) FOR THE ALLIANCE !!

Well best option would be to get a 3090. SLi does not scale very good.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

6 hours ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Mate sell it all and get a nice car or smth, your son will appreciate that I'm sure. There's better things to spend things on than 8k WOW... Renovate your bathroom or smth, just my two cts though...

Edit: I'm open to give more suggestions xD

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG