Looking for help from someone with more knowledge

Go to solution Solved by warric,
3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Yeah, but if you want to do what you are asking, then you will basically have no choice. As you said:

These benchmarks are already run on OP systems, that are way faster than what you currently have. You think a better video card will magically make that any different on your current system? Sorry, it won't. You'll be upgrading whole system to achieve that goal. Now that's not to say that you can't enjoy your imaginary 4k 144hz monitor that you don't have yet with your current gear and maybe a video card upgrade. But you certainly won't be enjoying locked 144fps in anything but CS:GO or similar titles.

at the end of the day I'm actually thanks you all  for all the information, my best guess from this perspectives is get the 1080ti from my friends then i wait my time until the performance im a after at the right price ranges come out was to comes out, this was supper educational i appreacate it 

What do I need to upgrade to got 4k 144hz without DLSS

Looking for assistance on my problem and where best to spent my money on my current dream builds, My dream is to get a rig that can run 4k 144hz in 1000 nit by upgrading my personal rig, i would be willing to wait 2 years to buy a monitor for this as price restrictions and i hope 4k 144hz in 1000 nit HDR is a much more realistic price range (GBP500-700). I would also be willing to wait another  2 years for the new GPU line up to be finally able to crack the 4k 144hz frame rate on a persistent basis, remember cheapest way to do this the better, now the hardest part my setup, I do not want to use DLSS

intel I 7 6700k @4.4 with NZXT Kraken X63 cooling

ASUS LGA 1151 STRIX GAMING Intel Z270

Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB @ 3000

NVidia GeForce 970 SC x2 sli (my bottle next i imagine)

corsairs hx 1000i

You’ve got quite an ambitious goal there. That said, what games are you trying to play this on?

Well first of all, that would entirely depend on the game.

Could be done in CS:GO, but not much in other games.

To get close to that, you would need a CPU upgrade AND a GPU upgrade. Because even if you were to get an RTX 3090 (somehow) today, you'd be held back by your old CPU.

4k 144fps is still but a dream today. Heck, 1080p 144fps is still dream in MANY games today.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

thats what i am on about is it worth me waiting 2 years for then next set of hardware release to achieve what i wannted, unless someone know what CPU could handle 144HZ on 4k on the lg1151 slot i would have to get a whole another motherboard and that point, and when looking at benchmarks with the 3090 they still cant run games at 144hz refresh rate and the thing is the current range of 4k 144hs 1000 nit brightness are well out of my price range even (i might pay a max of 700 for a full hdr 1000 4k 1

44 hz and thats no including the £400-500  that would be cost on mobo and cpu alone

You will be upgrading the whole system I imagine if that's your goal.

i dont want to upgrade my mobo and my CPU if i was going to do that it would most likely be to amd brand new Architecture coming wherever it is. and anyway they new set of graphics cards wont support 144hz on 4k anyway not according to the benchmarks i have seen

1 minute ago, warric said:

i dont want to upgrade my mobo and my CPU

Yeah, but if you want to do what you are asking, then you will basically have no choice. As you said:

2 minutes ago, warric said:

they new set of graphics cards wont support 144hz on 4k anyway not according to the benchmarks i have seen

These benchmarks are already run on OP systems, that are way faster than what you currently have. You think a better video card will magically make that any different on your current system? Sorry, it won't. You'll be upgrading whole system to achieve that goal. Now that's not to say that you can't enjoy your imaginary 4k 144hz monitor that you don't have yet with your current gear and maybe a video card upgrade. But you certainly won't be enjoying locked 144fps in anything but CS:GO or similar titles.

12 minutes ago, Litbelb said:

You’ve got quite an ambitious goal there. That said, what games are you trying to play this on?

horizon zero dawn 60FPs 4K, i would love to get cypurpunk 4k 60fp, but this is my sidegoal my main goal is to get a 4k 144hz 1000nit DPR on AAA titles 3-4 years down the line. so i was wondering would the next NVidia AND amd gpu announcement would be able to performance on the benchmark, a the end of the day my mate is selling 1 1080ti for cheap i can make do with that until i upgrade next year and hope the next lineup will achieve what i want

at the end of the day I'm actually thanks you all  for all the information, my best guess from this perspectives is get the 1080ti from my friends then i wait my time until the performance im a after at the right price ranges come out was to comes out, this was supper educational i appreacate it 

super great full for all the advice the last thing for me to ask is would i be able to run a 4k 144hz 1000hdr build this year with all the new specs 

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv