Azure vs AWS for a developer certificate

clean
Go to solution Solved by igormp,

Azure has many free certificates/courses, but AWS is widely more used, pays better and IMO is better overall than Azure.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

There's also the fact that I can't stand AWS from a development/admin perspective. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but Azure is so much easier to use and better laid out. It took me quite a while to figure out simple things when building a test environment for work in AWS but in Azure I rarely needed to look anything up as everything seemed much more industry standard and better laid out IMO. 

I guess that's way too personal. IMO, Azure has the worst interface between the big 3 players (Oracle is a joke lol), and more often than not their docs are plain wrong. The only benefit is that they're usually cheaper than the other competitors.

GCP is a nice middleground with a nice interface, reasonable prices and okaish docs.

AWS is the de facto standard for cloud services. Heck, every hyper scaler provides an S3-based API for their storage services. Their docs are also amazing, and their support is top-notch. The only downside is that they usually have higher prices than the others, but you get what you pay for.

Hello,

Simple question, I am someone who is looking to build up their resume and want to get a certification or two with Azure or AWS. Which ever one I go for I would do the course for developers first then an analytics one after. I honestly do no know if  I should go for AWS or Azure and have been looking around on quara and other websites but no one really gives a great answer other than AWS is older and has a larger market share because of this and Azure is growing. I honestly just want it to look good on a resume and hey if I need it in the workplace down the line that's awesome too. I am a student right now I have a decent resumes with projects and hackathons, but Covid has me worried as I study at a community college and have co-op competing against people from UofT and Waterloo in CS.

Regards,

Clean

I think AWS is slightly more popular than azure rn.

I'd go for Azure certs. They don't expire AFAIK as Microsoft moved all their MCSA and similar certs to a new system, along with Azure. 

There's also the fact that I can't stand AWS from a development/admin perspective. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but Azure is so much easier to use and better laid out. It took me quite a while to figure out simple things when building a test environment for work in AWS but in Azure I rarely needed to look anything up as everything seemed much more industry standard and better laid out IMO. 

22 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd go for Azure certs. They don't expire AFAIK as Microsoft moved all their MCSA and similar certs to a new system, along with Azure. 

Thanks for the information, people I know only do AWS and I really wanted a different prospective. I  think ill do my first cert in azure and if I find it too limiting ill do the equivalent in AWS.

Azure has many free certificates/courses, but AWS is widely more used, pays better and IMO is better overall than Azure.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

I guess that's way too personal. IMO, Azure has the worst interface between the big 3 players (Oracle is a joke lol), and more often than not their docs are plain wrong. The only benefit is that they're usually cheaper than the other competitors.

GCP is a nice middleground with a nice interface, reasonable prices and okaish docs.

AWS is the de facto standard for cloud services. Heck, every hyper scaler provides an S3-based API for their storage services. Their docs are also amazing, and their support is top-notch. The only downside is that they usually have higher prices than the others, but you get what you pay for.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga