Google India postponing 30% play store commission until March 31st 2022

Yatharth Shah
10 hours ago, Benjamin22044 said:

this is a great initiative for the country

Dude, you don't know anything about him. His political party's IT department is handed off such kinda works. And they are not good at it ,at all

7 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

they'll force it onto devices.

Oh yes they will ! The government in some states had made it necessary for you to use their 🤞 flawless 🤞 contact tracing app (i.e. it had some loopholes that allowed hackers to easily gain enough data identify individual users)

And considering the political situation, this will get f***** up pretty soon.  It is best to just let apple and google do their thing, but have some oversight on them just like the EU does, like Germany does. The government at the present time doesn't care which f****** conglomerate or MNC takes their Citizens' data (or however they collect it for that matter !) and sells it to firms as long as they keep it in servers in India. And this gets even worse, because India's richest guy, recently gave a speech where he basically said that he is going to launch a service to collect data from users or use the data from his plethora of pre-existing services for his new AI firm.

PS : Indians(Majority of them !) just tap on allow while installing an App on their phone, they don't care about wot permissions they are giving the app !

On 10/6/2020 at 5:32 AM, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Indians(Majority of them !) just tap on allow while installing an App on their phone, they don't care about wot permissions they are giving the app !

You mean you read each and every service agreement before installing your application? Strange. I am from US but I still don't care what permissions they ask for while installing in your smartphone. I must be an Indian then. Such crappy thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin22044 said:

You mean you read each and every service agreement before installing your application?

I am not referring to that. They allow a third party calculator app access to their call logs , that sort of thing ! Got any explanation for that ? I have seen so many of my own friends doing that sort of thing. Like wonder what would a calculator do with access to your call logs or a 3rd flash light app (Yess Indians love using 3rd party flash light 4PPS !) would do with access to your files and calendar ?