Can't Decide on a PSU

chippu

I have a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 (8GB), Ryzen 3 3200G, and am getting Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 RAM, and an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX.

What PSU should I get? I've checked the tierlist, but can't decide on any of the PSU's. 

I want one with future capabilities, so durability/longevity, but also enough watts for when i eventually upgrade to a Ryzen 5 3600, and any future GPU (Ofc not a 2080 or 3080 or anything, but y'know, something.)

I am not looking to spend 300 dollars on a PSU. I already don't wanna spend more than 120 dollars.

20 minutes ago, chippu said:

I've checked the tierlist, but can't decide on any of the PSU's. 

Don't just decide based on the tier list, because it doesn't factor in price. See what is available to you for good value, then compare on the tier list.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, chippu said:

I have a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 (8GB), Ryzen 3 3200G, and am getting Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 RAM, and an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX.

What PSU should I get? I've checked the tierlist, but can't decide on any of the PSU's. 

I want one with future capabilities, so durability/longevity, but also enough watts for when i eventually upgrade to a Ryzen 5 3600, and any future GPU (Ofc not a 2080 or 3080 or anything, but y'know, something.)

I am not looking to spend 300 dollars on a PSU. I already don't wanna spend more than 120 dollars.

If you plan on sticking with 1080p or 1440p, and something more reasonably priced like the 3070 or even the 3060 cards, a 650 Watt PSU will be good enough, while a 550 Watt PSU might be adequate as well.  

Get a PSU with a 3 year or better warranty and 80+ Gold rating or better. Unless you have an absolute emergency and nothing else is available, I'd suggest not cheaping out on the power supply.

If you find a unit that offers a 5 year warranty, that is usually a pretty good sign.

3 hours ago, quan289 said:

Ngl, that Fractal one looks too good to be true; I mean, 10 year warranty, 650 wats (i'm looking at 650 model), Platinum, and only ~120 dollars? Even with 5 star reviews, is this PSU THAT good? I don't really know the "fair" price range for PSU's, but damn, that looks good