Asus rog matrix R9 290x spotted(with the q key)

brownninja97

thick heat pipes though..

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I wish I knew what they were saying.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

All good. :) With that source it's to be expected.

What I want to know is why?? Why would you buy this card over a regular DCU2 unless your a LN2 super overclocker. Maybe Asus wanted to have a card to compete with EVGA K|ingp|n card. I bet the GPUs are binned on this card.

I wanted to know what a Matrix Memory Defroster switch does? LOL

I doubt it will beat the regular classified, let alone the KPE. This card doesn't look like a matrix other than the increased power phases compared to DCUII. The matrix card had great features for LN2 such as solder points for overvolting. This card hasn't advertised this and that memory defroster sounds like a gimmick. It only sounds useful at subzero and at those temps, you really need to insulate the memory and not rely on any stupid defrosting.

thick heat pipes though..

4 are 6mm and one is 8mm, pretty good, still the cooler is no better then the standard dcu2 meaning it will get shit on by the windforce,jetstream,lightning and maybe some other cards

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why are there 2 different types of fan?

Because the one on the right will push air down to the VRM. The one to the left is a "hybrid" and will push air down and sideways to push air out the back aswell. Thats how i interpereted it.

The outer one (under power connectors) is a pure air flow/ CFM optimized fan for collecting air from the front and passing it backwards to the other fan under the shroud.

The inner fan has a dual purpose, the outer "ring" of the fan is static pressure optimized and will push the air downwards onto the GPU area, this air will then seek inwards because of the "inner ring" of the fan having the opposite effect: it drags air in a jet outwards, taking away the warm air.

Because the one on the right will push air down to the VRM. The one to the left is a "hybrid" and will push air down and sideways to push air out the back aswell. Thats how i interpereted it.

Thanks ;) 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

3dx12 is coming which will improve performance like mantle did

Not ragging, but has anyone gotten proof of this other than that one super vague statement a week or so ago?

Its just that DX is really really slow to change so im somewhat surprised that its coming out so soon, and would have the performance changes that they seemed to imply.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

4 are 6mm and one is 8mm, pretty good, still the cooler is no better then the standard dcu2 meaning it will get shit on by the windforce,jetstream,lightning and maybe some other cards

oh well, still sexy as hell though.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270