Fusion 360 vs. Corelcad 2019, differences?

WereCatf

I just noticed that there's a new Humble Bundle out with Corelcad 2019 in it and I was wondering if I should buy it. The only CAD-application I have so far used is Fusion 360 and I only use it for designing models for 3D-printing and, while trying to answer this question myself, it's hard to find much that'd compare Fusion 360 to Corelcad. I kind of get the feeling that Corelcad would be more suited for architectural designs and Fusion 360 better for 3D-printing and e.g. CNC-machining, but I figured perhaps there's some more experienced CADders here who could share some thoughts.

Maybe I should just buy it and learn it as well, even if I ended up not needing it, just to broaden my skillset, but I dunno.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Fusion is being developed to be a Solidworks competitor and industry disrupter. Frankly, I feel they're pretty damn close and in many ways produce a product that is better than SW. The new license shift for Fusion is disheartening, but I understand (they still leave it pretty open for startups and students like myself so I'm not worried for my own uses). I'm generally of the mindset that you should use whatever tool you're most comfortable using to do a job. If you know Fusion, you like Fusion, and you need to model something, use Fusion. Unless I had something pulling me to Corelcad or pushing me from Fusion, I wouldn't switch, although there is something to be said about adding another software to your resume.

ASU

I love fusion, started in solidworks and switched over. Fusion seems to be much easier to use and more forgiving if you make a mistake or need to change a dimension, it’s easier to go through and change something. 

CoralCAD seems to be focused on only the design and .dwg and .stl support 

Fusions bread and butter is that you can do CAD/CAM within the same program and if you make a design change in the model it will update the tool paths which is very nice, although since you are only 3D printing this might not be a necessary feature for you to consider.  

not sure how much that bundle is you’re talking about but when it comes to designing use what you like and is easiest for you. Worst case scenario you get CoralCAD and don’t like it as much and are out $50. 

26 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The new license shift for Fusion is disheartening, but I understand (they still leave it pretty open for startups and students like myself so I'm not worried for my own uses)

None of the license-changes really matter to me. Well, the 10 active documents at a time is a bit of a hassle, but since you can still have an unlimited number of archived ones and takes only a couple of moments to swap what you have active and what you have archived, it's not that huge a deal. The people on e.g. Hackaday completely lost their marbles and the comments-section became one giant cesspit in a matter of moment, which I found rather funny.

6 minutes ago, Tech_Dinosaur said:

not sure how much that bundle is you’re talking about but when it comes to designing use what you like and is easiest for you. Worst case scenario you get CoralCAD and don’t like it as much and are out $50

It's ~25€, so about $30 USD, I guess, so not a huge expense.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

None of the license-changes really matter to me. Well, the 10 active documents at a time is a bit of a hassle, but since you can still have an unlimited number of archived ones and takes only a couple of moments to swap what you have active and what you have archived, it's not that huge a deal. The people on e.g. Hackaday completely lost their marbles and the comments-section became one giant cesspit in a matter of moment, which I found rather funny.

It's ~25€, so about $30 USD, I guess, so not a huge expense.

I cannot speak to the design workflow of coralCAD but maybe watch some videos and see if it’s something you would enjoy working in. It could be a good replace if it’s something that’s easier for you, but that’s not something someone else could answer exactly 

Just now, Tech_Dinosaur said:

I cannot speak to the design workflow of coralCAD but maybe watch some videos and see if it’s something you would enjoy working in. It could be a good replace if it’s something that’s easier for you, but that’s not something someone else could answer exactly 

Yeah, I decided to just go and buy it. It's quite possible that I'll never bother to learn it, but at least it didn't cost much and I can now legally expand my repertoire, should I feel like it.