my acer desktop doesnt whant to use 64bit idow it hase a 64bit cpu

In every pc manuel on the internet for this desktop it says that it has a 64bit cpu. can anyone help

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Benji said:

Uhm, what? Basically every device that was released after 2010 is 64-bit ready.

What exact model is it? Acer had and still has hundreds of different devices.

acer aspire revo r3600

btw im texting you from that desk top

Dual X5690 my beloved.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

acer aspire revo r3600

btw im texting you from that desk top

cause that desktop only has a 32bit cpu. There is no way for it to run 64bit programs.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

cause that desktop only has a 32bit cpu. There is no way for it to run 64bit programs.

Most places list the Intel Atom 230 CPU as 64-bit CPU?

I edit my posts more often than not

7 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Most places list the Intel Atom 230 CPU as 64-bit CPU?

yea its 64bit, I saw wrong.

OP, what version of windows are you running? 32 or 64bit?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

no the web side says its 64bit

Dual X5690 my beloved.

yea its 64bit, I saw wrong.

OP, what version of windows are you running? 32 or 64bit?

32bit

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Benji said:

I'd completely discard that ancient thing with its 12 year old Intel Atom core clocked at 1.6 GHz. But it does support 64-bit, yet with that low RAM it has and that incredibly slow CPU, you should use a 32-bit OS. Its only multi-core capability is the fact that it is ONE core with Hyperthreading. I wouldn't use that system at all.

You're wrong, Intel itself states that its CPU (Intel Atom 230) is 64-bit ready. Yet I still wouldn't use it on 64-bit, I'd stick with 32-bit.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/35635/intel-atom-processor-230-512k-cache-1-60-ghz-533-mhz-fsb.html

32bit is bad for what i do i takes me 1 hole gb away from usage

Dual X5690 my beloved.

1 minute ago, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

32bit

thats why you cant run 64 bit programs, 32bit windows limits you to 32bit programs only.

You can reinstall 64bit windows, but its gonna be even slower and use a bit more ram aswell.

thats why you cant run 64 bit programs, 32bit windows limits you to 32bit programs only.

You can reinstall 64bit windows, but its gonna be even slower and use a bit more ram aswell.

how do i upgrade it to 64bit

Dual X5690 my beloved.

and going back to vista is not a good idea ist a bad idea

Dual X5690 my beloved.

You have to reinstall windows to change it to 64bit.

how

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

how

Just now, Benji said:

You can't because it is an entirely different system architecture, you'd need to re-install your entire OS. But I won't recommend anything that is newer than Windows 7, just because of the lack of features and the horrendous performance of the chip. Due to lack of CPU instructions you won't be able to run Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit anyway. Windows 8 isn't being maintained since 2015 so even worse than Windows 7.

Not to mention that the "Windows Vista is bad" argument was just valid right after release, SP1 and SP2 fixed basically everything and made it Windows 7 with a different design.

The OS will also not consume less RAM by going 64-bit, it will consume MORE of your sparse memory. It has no benefits on that old snail. Also, the de facto limit of 32-bit is ~3.5GB and not just 3. And having 3.5 with a system that consumes way less RAM compared to a system that addresses half a gigabyte more yet consumes just as much RAM more is not worth it, not to mention that 64-bit will also have a slight increase in overall system usage (CPU). So in your case it is absolutely not worth it going to any 64-bit OS with that old chip just because you want to run some unspecified 64-bit application. Apps that are 64-bit only are also barely existent. You should basically be able to easily find a 32-bit version.

i cant open the win 7 hp 64bit one caz its on 32bit

Dual X5690 my beloved.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

how

Download a 64bit copy of windows, 7 will owrk, not sure about 10.

THen go though the installer

THis will delete all data on the drive though.

Just now, Benji said:

What is the "Win7 64 bit" of what? No, you can NOT upgrade to the Windows 7 64-bit version by running the Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant off the disc drive. You would need to boot off the Windows DVD and COMPLETELY REINSTALL the operating system.

i cant

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

i cant

the only win 7 upgrade disc is crapt up and i cant put a on a disc

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Benji said:

Yes, you can, because you boot off the DVD BEFORE it boots into Windows. That is a requirement to install any OS.

yeah bb see you in 64 bit

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, Benji said:

Be so smart and download the drivers beforehand so that you can even access the internet after installation.

That thing is so ancient, Acer doesn't even have a driver download page for it anymore...

i bootet from the external dvd drive and i landet back here.

dude stop troling

Dual X5690 my beloved.

30 minutes ago, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

32bit is bad for what i do i takes me 1 hole gb away from usage

64bit will take even more.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, Mr.Fox81 der Youtuber said:

i bootet from the external dvd drive and i landet back here.

dude stop troling

Since it seems that you have hard time to understand proper english and your english is so broken sometimes that it's very hard to understand what you write, I would like to know(if possible) what your main language is?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu