New F2P Open World Action RPG Genshin Impact

Ryoku

Hey everyone Genshin Impact recently Released for PC/PS4/Mobile and its a pretty good game, its got some Breath of the Wild Vibes clearly took some inspiration from it (glider, climbing, stamina bar, cell shader graphics).  It's pretty shocking how high quality of a game this is for a free to play game.

Some quick pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Free to Play so doesn't hurt to try it out.

2. Nice Cell shade anime graphics.

3. Runs smooth haven't run into any glitches, bugs, or crashes yet (knocks on wood).

4. Very nice sound track, the game has a lot of Asian styling and the music also follows this (game is made by a chinese developer).

5. Interesting combat system, rather then just playing one character you create a team of 4 and you can switch them with the press of a button at any time.  This plays into the elemental combo system where you prime the enemy with an ability and then detonate it with another characters ability (water + ice = frozen solid enemy).

6. Large open world will remind you of Breath of the Wild.

7. Cross Platform Play, you can play with people from PC/PS4/Mobile (need to hit adventurer rank 16 before you can play co-op) and your account is playable on any of them without any extra work, just login with your email and password and your good to go (edit except for Playstation sony wont allow account linking to share progress between PS4 and PC/Mobile).

8. Multiple Language choices.

Cons:

1. Uses Gatcha monetization model (lootbox, random content), though the currency is earnable in game and given to you at a pretty fast rate will likely slow down once you have most of the achievements done. They call them wishes in this game and they reward weapons and characters. The are ranks 1-5 Stars seems like the lowest Star rated item you can get from them is 3 and seems like all characters are 4 or 5 star. 5 stars are very rare as you would expect. As you progress through the story some characters are given to you for free and equipment is dropped from chests and (mini) boss fights.

2.  Current download speed for the game is garbage went like 300kbps to 1.1mbps, luckly the game doesn't take up a lot of space was only like 10gb + or - a bit of PC, like 5.8 gb on mobile. Edit: @Skiiwee29 said that he read on discord that running the launcher as an admin may increase the download speed to max.

3. Potential for false positive bans,  they don't allow VPN connections so if you use a ping reducing tunneling service like exit lag or similar program its possible it will flag you as using a vpn and ban you.

That's about all that i can think of for negatives the game is pretty solid, check it out!

Minimum System requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 and higher
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 30 GB of available space

Recommended System requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 (equivalent) or higher
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB and higher
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 30 GB of available space

Note* it says 30gb required but my game is only taking up 13.8gb currently.

spacer.png

2olGNDI.png

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

One tip I saw with the download is to run it as Admin in windows and it pops at full speed. I havent tired it personally, just a tip I saw in Discord the other day on launch. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

One tip I saw with the download is to run it as Admin in windows and it pops at full speed. I havent tired it personally, just a tip I saw in Discord the other day on launch. 

cool ill add that to the post 👍

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

anime breath of the wild

Download speeds have presumably normalized because I'm running it at 2.5MB/s rn. Was definitely running slow on mobile yesterday around 300-500KB/s.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

anime breath of the wild

Download speeds have presumably normalized because I'm running it at 2.5MB/s rn. Was definitely running slow on mobile yesterday around 300-500KB/s.

i just finished downloading it on my phone and it was still between 300kbps and 1mbps. might just be distance to server or your internet is way better then mine (which caps out at like 3.2mpbs 💩)

40 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

1. Uses Gatcha monetization model (lootbox, random content)

This is my biggest concern for the long term prospects for the game as a (mostly) f2p player. I have seen in other gacha games they make it easy to start with, and after they hook you in start ramping up the difficulty. So you either have to pay2win or you grind forever to progress. I hope they don't do that, but time will tell.

I've done two 10 pulls each on the noob and featured banner, no 5 star anything so far.

40 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

2.  Current download speed for the game is garbage

On PC this was the case as recently as yesterday. I did a download on my laptop and it was as bad as launch day, with rates mostly varying 0.2 to 0.6 MB/s. A trick I heard was to pause/resume the download. It took a lot of attempts but I eventually got a "good" one averaging 6 MB/s, much better although still not fast. I didn't hear of the admin trick, if I still have problems in future (reinstall on other systems) I'll try that.

I downloaded mobile version on Play store also, that seemed to be faster but still not fast by any measure. Haven't actually used it yet since playing mostly on PC.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

This is my biggest concern for the long term prospects for the game as a (mostly) f2p player. I have seen in other gacha games they make it easy to start with, and after they hook you in start ramping up the difficulty. So you either have to pay2win or you grind forever to progress. I hope they don't do that, but time will tell.

I've done two 10 pulls each on the noob and featured banner, no 5 star anything so far.

On PC this was the case as recently as yesterday. I did a download on my laptop and it was as bad as launch day, with rates mostly varying 0.2 to 0.6 MB/s. A trick I heard was to pause/resume the download. It took a lot of attempts but I eventually got a "good" one averaging 6 MB/s, much better although still not fast. I didn't hear of the admin trick, if I still have problems in future (reinstall on other systems) I'll try that.

I downloaded mobile version on Play store also, that seemed to be faster but still not fast by any measure. Haven't actually used it yet since playing mostly on PC.

I've down about 50 pulls so far and got 1 5 star character Diluc and probably about 10 4 star characters/items.  One of my friends got a 5 star character (Diluc) on his very first wish. the rest of us were all like 🤬.

the play store just downloaded the installer, after that it downloads from the server.

Just now, Ryoku said:

I've down about 50 pulls so far and got 1 5 star character Diluc and probably about 10 4 star characters/items.  One of my friends got a 5 star character (Diluc) on his very first wish. the rest of us were all like 🤬

I am not in favour with the RNG gods at the moment. One of my other gacha timesinks Azur Lane, there's a 1.2% rate up with 200 build pity. I got her on 198th build. Maths work out 95% chance to get with 191 builds I think. Got 2nd copy at 200 and calling it a day on that one!

On that note, I say I'm "mostly" f2p, but if I like a game I do want to give the devs some return for their efforts. So at some point I will probably throw some cash in their direction, but not a regular thing. I did spend more on Azur Lane while I had a job, but gotta watch the cashflow these days.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

I am not in favour with the RNG gods at the moment. One of my other gacha timesinks Azur Lane, there's a 1.2% rate up with 200 build pity. I got her on 198th build. Maths work out 95% chance to get with 191 builds I think. Got 2nd copy at 200 and calling it a day on that one!

On that note, I say I'm "mostly" f2p, but if I like a game I do want to give the devs some return for their efforts. So at some point I will probably throw some cash in their direction, but not a regular thing. I did spend more on Azur Lane while I had a job, but gotta watch the cashflow these days.

So far with the free characters from the story and the currency given for free i haven't had any issues completing content so its likely the 5 star character aren't needed just make things easier. so its not so bad not getting them easy, so far I've bought the Blessing of the Welkin Moon it gives you 300 currency right away and then another 2700 of 30 days for $6.99 CAD if you compare that to straight buying 3000 currency its $63 CAD cheaper.  Pretty worth it imo.

Anime yes, I might get this looks cool but not sure how much I can trust it since it has it’s own launcher meaning it could not have gone thru security steps but otherwise looks good

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Downloading it now and im getting full speed without needing to put it into admin mode:

image.png.71ebbb94218b2dc624b3fdd439f5d4e1.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Installed the game on PC yesterday and so far I’m having a blast. The game is beautiful visually too. 

i9-10900k | ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC | 32GB RAM @ 3200MHz

You lost me at "Mobile"

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO