RTX 2060 stutters

HoraryZappy

I have just bought an rtx 2060 oc from gigabyte and paired it with a rzyen 5 2600 and 16gb (2x8) of ddr4 3000mhz ram. Problem is, at random times my game stutters for about 1-2 seconds. I mostly play rainbow six siege so it's very hard for me to play with this stutter. Any suggestions?

We need

full specs.

previous specs.

game settings you've tried (exactly , not just "high"/"medium")

any other troubleshooting you've done?

also does this happen immediately after booting up the PC, or do the issues take some time to occur (half an hour, 60 minutes... etc)?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

A good speech therapist... JK

What do you have running in the background? What's taskmanger look like when you get the stutters? And do you have any spinning disks for storage? Sometimes those can cause the stutter. Those are just a few of things that come to mind. 

My current pc is:

ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler)

rtx 2060 oc

16gb 3000mhz ram

b450 gaming plus

rm650x

windows is installed on a 500gb 860evo while all of my games are on a 1tb barracuda

my previous pc was the same except for the rtx 2060, and the fact that I moved my games from the ssd to the hdd

When I play rainbow six siege I use the settings from the screenshots, and I have discord, spotify, logitech g hub, riot vanguard  and sometimes teamspeak opened in the background.

When I play my gpu hits 70-75 degrees, while my cpu stays at 50-60824889226_TomClancysRainbowSixSiege2020-9-30-20-5-21.thumb.jpg.611aee2062b2219a83885238fc434277.jpg1404127940_TomClancysRainbowSixSiege2020-9-30-20-5-27.thumb.jpg.0dc5d55ef31351948051f59b6614dde1.jpg

39 minutes ago, HoraryZappy said:

My current pc is:

ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler)

rtx 2060 oc

16gb 3000mhz ram

b450 gaming plus

rm650x

windows is installed on a 500gb 860evo while all of my games are on a 1tb barracuda

my previous pc was the same except for the rtx 2060, and the fact that I moved my games from the ssd to the hdd

When I play rainbow six siege I use the settings from the screenshots, and I have discord, spotify, logitech g hub, riot vanguard  and sometimes teamspeak opened in the background.

When I play my gpu hits 70-75 degrees, while my cpu stays at 50-60824889226_TomClancysRainbowSixSiege2020-9-30-20-5-21.thumb.jpg.611aee2062b2219a83885238fc434277.jpg1404127940_TomClancysRainbowSixSiege2020-9-30-20-5-27.thumb.jpg.0dc5d55ef31351948051f59b6614dde1.jpg

Do you record your gameplay or stream it?

15 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Do you record your gameplay or stream it?

I dont record or stream. I just play normally and randomly I get some pretty bad stutters and my fps drops from 170-200 to 20 fps

13 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Do you get same result if you move game to SSD?

I didnt try, but when I had it on my old ssd with a gtx 1050ti it never stuttered

1 minute ago, HoraryZappy said:

I didnt try, but when I had it on my old ssd with a gtx 1050ti it never stuttered

Right that's why I asked.  Spinning disks can cause that stutter if they start to fail. Or have some other power saving issue. Worth a try copying too ssd to see if problem persists.

20 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Right that's why I asked.  Spinning disks can cause that stutter if they start to fail. Or have some other power saving issue. Worth a try copying too ssd to see if problem persists.

ok I'll try moving it to the ssd

17 hours ago, HoraryZappy said:

ok I'll try moving it to the ssd

How did you make out? Any luck?

8 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

How did you make out? Any luck?

Didn't encounter any stutters yet, so I believe I have some problems with my hdd. Anyways thanks for helping me!

I feel like the Joker here: You wanna know how I got my nickname??? lol. I was at a LAN party way back in the day in the early 00s and all of a sudden my games went from smooth as silk to stuttering mess. After a reboot and chkdsk /r later I found that I had badsectors on my disk (damn you Maxtor 40gb single platter). Tried partitioning the drive in half and did a quick reinstall of windows to try and get back into the game. But unfortunately the damage was spreading. So I limped along and changed my nickname out of frustration to Bad5ector... and never looked back ;)

Glad things are working fine on your SSD and you're back to fragging noobs :D

Cheers.