Will I have any issue putting a motherboard from a Dell Optiplex 790 onto a 3rd party case?

Budget (including currency): < $200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: browsing, emails, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

* Dell Optiplex 790 (Core i5-2400)

---------------------------

So I'm planning on sending a bunch of old PCs to recycle center because I need to make space in the storage room and server room. Some of those include old Dell Optiplex 790 desktop towers and small form factors. A lot of them have busted PSUs, so I'm mainly reusing the motherboard from one of the towers, RAM and i5-2400 CPU, and transplanting it onto a spare mid-tower case I have at home.

Will I have any issue with the motherboard's compatibility with an ATX case, or just stuff I need to keep in mind in general?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Some of those may have proprietary 20/24 pin power connectors that you may need adapters for, although I'm pretty sure the Optiplex 790 uses standard connectors.

Some may also have strange motherboard sizes like this, so the standoffs won't line up-

Refurbished: Dell-Optiplex-790-SFF-Motherboard-0D28YY-D28YY-DDR3-LGA1155-Socket-H2  - Newegg.com

Some of them use different form factors, I’m not sure about yours but a lot of them are btx instead of atx

20 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Some may also have strange motherboard sizes like this, so the standoffs won't line up-

16 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Some of them use different form factors, I’m not sure about yours but a lot of them are btx instead of atx

Thankfully, the towers are mATX, according to my research.

Seems that my biggest issue would be the front panel headers

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

1 hour ago, YamiYukiSenpai said:

Thankfully, the towers are mATX, according to my research.

Seems that my biggest issue would be the front panel headers

You could mount a cheap USB hub to the front panel and reroute the cable through the case to plug into a USB port in the rear I/O. Or rip the connectors from the old case and figure out the wiring.