Macbook mod

I pretended to

I know this is a dumb idea but take me seriously. I really like apples design of the macbook but i don't like the hardware (I know they are gonna relese their arm cpus but that is not my solution). I want to make a laptop in a macbook case but with a windows laptop inside so i don't have to be the weird one in the coffe shop. I mean isnt a laptop just a motherboard and a display with a small cable between them. Is it possible?

I mean you could just install windows, whats the problem?

The hardware isnt too different from windlws ultrabooks.

Otherwise, you would have to be fluid in pcb design because that mobo aint standard

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

I mean you could just install windows, whats the problem?

The hardware is not the best on the normal ones and the high end macbooks is very expensive

I suspect you will spend far more money trying to build such a thing than you would just buying a more expensive model.  As 19_blakie_73 said, the Macbook use an entirely non standard PCB design and you would likely need to have an entire new bottom chassis designed and machined to hold a different motherboard and battery configuration or have a custom motherboard designed and built.  Both options sound pretty damn expensive to me, and the first one would likely end up giving you a bulkier notebook.

Have you looked at Ultrabooks?  You could slap an Apple sticker on one of those and look almost the same?

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

8 minutes ago, I pretended to said:

The hardware is not the best on the normal ones and the high end macbooks is very expensive

Added some info probably after you read it

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Get yourself a mid-2012 MacBook Pro 15" with 2gb VRAM (most common would be 1gb VRAM which ain't bad unless for gaming - but then again you shouldn't game on a laptop so…) the get 16gb RAM put 2 SSDs in RAID 0 and install Win10 on it.

Chances are it'll be faster than any 'PC laptop' you are thinking on building plus 1) it will work properly and 2) you can sell it later on if you want to - just reinstall MacOS and list for sale, done!

For added cooling you can use electrical tape to 'seal' the fans into the heatsink fins enhancing the airflow a bit then get thermal pads and a couple small coins and place them on the back of the logic board (where the back of CPU and GPU would be) to transfer the heat to the bottom plate essentially turning it into a heatspreader.

IMG_1257.thumb.jpg.b2e1962ec91ef2716a65d4062bdac324.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Surely the answer is to buy whatever Windows ultrabook meets your spec requirements then get someone to make bead blasted aluminium top and bottom bottom covers...

....or just buy a Windows ultrabook which already has bead blasted aluminium covers? Not like Apple has the exclusive monopoly on this, many of the high end Dells and HPs are similarly designed.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop