Should i upgrade from i5 7400 GT 710 to i5 7400 GTX 1660 Super ? PS: Only a gpu upgrade...

14 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

Help me please, i will essentially get more ram as i currently have only 8 gb. Here's the link to the card i am looking to upgrade to ......................

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YYZGM51/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2UH8UK42KFQDE&psc=1

Yes, that is a massive upgrade. The 710 is basically only designed to be a display adapter, while the 1660 Super is a quite respectable gaming card.

The one consideration is to make sure that your power supply can support it-- I'd recommend 400W minimum, and it requires an 8-pin power connector, which some older power supplies are missing.

2 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

Yeah i am planning on going for a 550 w supply. Here's my cart link : https://www.amazon.in/gp/cart/view.html/ref=lh_cart

im not sure how you expect us to see your cart lol. ideally get another 8gb of ram for 16 total, that would be a solid setup for games

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

7 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

Yeah i am planning on going for a 550 w supply. Here's my cart link : https://www.amazon.in/gp/cart/view.html/ref=lh_cart

Try http://pcpartpicker.com for sharing parts list. You can include the parts you currently own as well, and set the prices to $0 manually. They have multiple countries too, if you're not just buying in the US 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes, that will be a major improvement. The GT 710 is good, but not for anything that needs a lot of performance. I use one in my HTPC, for example.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Help me completely and leave no stone un-turned........Whatever you could advice me on building a 60+ fps rig is most welcome....... (I know i cant achieve 60+ fps on cpu intensive games due to massive cpu bottleneck)

I believe you posted this earlier today

you still did not use pcpartpicker, unfortunately

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

what is your ram module?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

you can run a max of 32gb, don't need more than 16gb imo though, and yes, that gpu will work with that board

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I believe you posted this earlier today

you still did not use pcpartpicker, unfortunately

I used pc part picker and it showed me that i can but still person opinion is definately more useful. And now i AM ASKING FOR THE RAM THAT I SHOULD GO WITH.

Just now, DeathstrokeGG said:

I used pc part picker and it showed me that i can but still person opinion is definately more useful. And now i AM ASKING FOR THE RAM THAT I SHOULD GO WITH.

WHAT RAM IS IN YOUR SYSTEM?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

If i had more channels i wouldnt have asked ....................................

Just now, mahyar said:

WHAT RAM IS IN YOUR SYSTEM?

8 gb brother, Now to check if its dual channel 4 gb or single 8 i have to open the pc ..............................

1 minute ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

8 gb brother, Now to check if its dual channel 4 gb or single 8 i have to open the pc ..............................

just run hwinfo, and you can see how many modules you have without opening the pc. otherwise, a kit like this would be fine: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb

4 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

i know but we also would like a parts list to see what you currently have and what model parts you are looking at

for example you said 550 watt power supply but there are many, many of those.

Primary PC:

hwinfo aint running

If you were to pertaining to win + r then hwinfo then theres nothing like that sort in the system.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

i know but we also would like a parts list to see what you currently have and what model parts you are looking at

for example you said 550 watt power supply but there are many, many of those.

Ok then that would take time now...................... As i am still trying to find what existing ram config i have.

1 minute ago, comander said:

As far as getting the most out of you system - you can install 16GB RAM per slot. Check how many memory slots your motherboard has. After that go buy a 1-2 32GB DDR4 kits. 3200MHz hynix cjr or micron e die is fine. 

If hw info won't run... Pop open the side panel of your case and count. 

I'm getting a feeling it's a prebuolt Dell/hp system. Verify a 1660 can be powered by that system. 

I have an assorted Gigabyte H110M S2 

i5 7400 

gt 710 

and 8 gb ram